Actuarial and Finance Systems Release & Configuration Manager
- Role Type
- £60000 to £75000 + very competitive package
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
- Job Duties
The Release and Configuration Manager is responsible for actively defining, developing and managing the release & configuration processes of the Actuarial and Finance Systems within Group Finance.
The role is responsible for defining the release lifecycle, effective planning, testing and delivery of releases; management of post release defects and issues; confident management of stakeholders, proactive communication to wider audiences, management of risk, version control and impact analysis on production systems.
- The definition of an appropriate release & configuration approach which balances the criticality of the release schedule against the complexity of the systems, the technical & process changes, and complex business needs
- Ownership of the day to day planning and management of all release and configuration related activities across Modelling & Finance Solutions, Business units and IT functions, to deliver the defined release objectives.
- Ensuring that user requirements, functional requirements, and technical specifications are measurably consistent with the goals, objectives and deliverables of each release.
- Ownership of proactive, accurate and regular reporting of the Release progress to enable stakeholders to be fully aware of progress and any challenges being experienced.
- Ownership of regular release reviews being conducted at all relevant stages of the release lifecycle (including post release reviews) identifying any exceptions to the agreed release criteria, and ensuring that appropriate responses are agreed and successfully communicated with all appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Ownership of the identification, evaluation, management and resolution of all risks, issues and dependencies that may impact release delivery to time, cost or quality.
- Ownership and direct management of the integration of multiple streams of branched development.
- Proactive ownership of the planning and delivery of integration and release testing (BAT2 and PAT).
- Management of the remediation of defects relating to releases by liaising with Test Managers, Development Managers and Support Teams.
- Ownership and management of associated release Budgets, working with Change and Project Managers to ensure spend is controlled and measured accurately.
- Proactive management of the Configuration function via Microsoft Team Foundation Server, including instigating and managing appropriate controls over access to controlled Configuration Items.
- Proactive ownership of the evolution and continual improvement of the Release and Configuration Management processes in line with changing business needs, changing technologies and improved practices.
- Skills Required
- A strong ability to confidently and proactively manage senior and influential stakeholders
- A strong ability to drive groups of people with conflicting requirements through to consensual decisions and outcome
- A strong ability to communicate complex subjects clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing using appropriate (non-technical) language to stakeholders at all levels
- Independent and able to work effectively with minimal supervision to predefined timelines
- Relevant Release and Configuration Management Qualification (ITIL Practitioner or higher)
- Extensive knowledge and experience of all phases of the software development and delivery lifecycle, ideally including some professional qualification such as PRINCE2.
- Knowledge of configuration management tools, particularly Microsoft Team Foundation Server & SharePoint 365
- Knowledge of working practices within the life assurance industry or wider finance industry, particularly around financial modelling from a release and configuration management perspective is advantageous.
- Quality and delivery focused
- Confident, proactive and highly organised.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a cash car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information about the role, please contact Lynn Morriss, UK Resourcing Lead, at email@example.com