- Role Type
- Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
- Job Duties
Primary Duties of the role - Ensuring that all new correspondence received is correctly uploaded to our systems by identifying the different types of post and placing it into the correct queues and updating relevant systems.
- Pay medical fees up to £100 in value.
- Chase outstanding information as determined by the review date set; and then be able to update systems appropriately.
- Processing cheques on claims that are due to terminate & Out of Date cheques, ensuring that appropriate letters are sent out and systems are updated accordingly.
- Update and administer specific payment information for clients
- Ensure a consistent and good level of service that means customers’ expectations are met, is consistent with what we have communicated and is aligned to L&G’s Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly policy, where failings are identified; provide information to relevant areas to enable changes to be made.
- Adhere to processes and systems to ensure that all customer data is dealt with appropriately in accordance with legislation, in particular the Data Protection Act (1995), the Access to Medical Reports Act (1988) and Legal & General’s Confidentiality Policy
- Skills Required
- The jobholder will be encouraged and supported to obtain the Group Risk (GR1) module of the FPC qualification, which is a qualification supported by the Chartered Insurance Institute.
- Some claims experience would be preferred.
- The jobholder requires excellent interpersonal skills to be able to deal confidently and effectively with IFA’s, policyholders, individual claimants and staff/management at Legal & General.
- The Role is not regulated by the FCA, and the jobholder is not an approved person. However, the jobholder will be responsible for ensuring regulatory standards associated with the role are achieved at all times.
- Excellent IT skills in Word, Excel and other Microsoft products.
- An ability to work at a fast pace to hit strict Service Level Agreements, deadlines and targets.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.