Senior Test Analyst
- Role Type
- £35000 to £42000 depending on experience
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
- Job Duties
- Deliver Business Testing for projects/portfolios to agreed time/budget/quality tolerances as laid down in business case, test strategies and commercial agreement with IT service providers.
- Work with the Test Programme Manager to ensure that efficient testing is delivered, consistent with the testing principles, processes and standards laid down in the L&G Test Policy and Strategy.
- Conduct test reviews (including Static testing) throughout the development lifecycle, to identify any artefacts that are not fit for purpose. Comply with the agreed test methodology and standards to ensure good governance and record keeping in line with Legal & General test principles and commercial interests
- Define the appropriate test approach in collaboration with the Test Programme Manager to ensure effective Business Test preparation and execution is produced, which mitigates business risk.
- Own the creation of the Business Test Analysis deliverables throughout the whole project lifecycle, applying best practice testing principles to ensure cost effective testing whilst balancing business risk.
- Determine the adequate level of Business Test Coverage in collaboration with the Test Programme Manager, Business Analysts and Business Users and provides input into the testing estimates.
- Engage with business representatives to review test coverage and results, and to agree business sign off.
- Perform Test Execution, involving leading business resources where required, as agreed in the Business Acceptance Stage Test Plan and raise defects on Application Lifecycle Management Quality Center edition and retesting defect fixes when deployed to the test environments.
- Co-ordinate business user testing if pertinent, providing support and guidance.
- With the support of the Test Programme Manager define the entry criteria to Business Acceptance Test and make recommendations at exit from Business Acceptance Test.
- Provide effective communication to the Test Programme Manager, Project Manager and Business users to support the smooth delivery of the test activity (including Progress Reports, Defect Status etc.)
- Skills Required
- ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst certification or equivalent experience would be avantageous but not required.
- Experience in at least 2 test methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Extreme, etc) across multiple projects
- Experience in using a test tool to control scripting and execution of tests
- Experience in use of defect management tool
- Experience in use of a number of industry recognised test analysis techniques
- Experience in Financial Services Industry required.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information about the role, please contact Lynn Morriss, UK Resourcing Lead, at email@example.com