Change, Implementation and Development Support
- Role Type
- Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
We care about our customers and are here to protect the things that matter to them – their home, their pet, their car and much more. At GI our mission is to grow our household insurance market share, diversify our range of products and drive innovative ways in which our customers can purchase and interact with us.
- Job Duties
- To support the identification, investigation and analysis of operating models, systems and processes, to determine the requirements for improvement including producing cost benefit documents for potential business benefits.
- Contribute to the delivery of projects within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality with clearly defined risks, ensuring that system or process delivery change is consistent with requirements, specifications and business needs, facilitating liaison between departments and providers such that all requirements are approved, signed off and that issues and problems are resolved.
- Assist the Change and Implementation Lead in ensuring that a change control procedure is in place, actively used to assess the effect of changes on costs, claims spend , timescale and/or resource needs and report these to the sponsor.
- Ensure initiatives are consistent with the requirements for the Claims Operating Model and purpose and support the delivery of a seamless customer experience to our end customers and business partners supporting specific business strategies.
- Support the delivery of effective communication to all interested parties and stakeholders to enable effective decision-making and manage the smooth and integrated delivery of projects or initiatives.
- Supports Change and Implementation Lead in facilitating workshops, mapping journeys and highlighting areas for improvement. Also attends workshops as SME where required.
- To represent the I & D Team as required within the wider IT & Change governance process through attendance at the relevant project meetings for change that impacts Claims, ensuring technology solutions are consistent with the business operating models or needs and training plans are co-ordinated with the training team and any material is signed off by relevant parties.
- To own small scale project initiatives from identification through to implementation.
- Skills Required
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt certified (desirable)
- An understanding of the Insurance Industry, business and customer within the Household market and a complete understanding of the principles of Insurance.
- A complete understanding of the key customer journey, processes and systems used across the Household business
- Some understanding of the project lifecycle including initiation documents, communication plan, RAID logs and benefits tracking.
- Good communication skills and a knowledge of business areas and key people within them
- An understanding of change methodologies, theories and processes
- Experience of managing stakeholders
- Use Microsoft project or other planning tools
- Excel 2010
- Use of other MS Office 2010 application
- Dept. Processes and Procedures
- To have a good understanding of the GI customer journey ensuring that our customers are treated fairly. A good understanding of systems including ECM, I90, imageview and an awareness of other systems such as Metrix, CUE and SIRA
- L&G Strategy, Structure & Culture
- An understanding of L&GI business plans, brand values, strategy and key performance indicators.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Establishes the facts, assesses the risks, considers the options and finds a solution which is in keeping with our overall business objectives.
- Evidences data analysis skills and ability to solve complex business solutions
- Customer Service Delivery
- Understanding of customer service delivery and best practice in process, systems and customer improvement design and delivery in this arena.
- Priority Planning
- Projects/Changes are managed according to their relative importance, urgency and legal/regulatory requirements, rather than in strict chronological order. Deadlines on specific tasks are met.
- Coaching and Development
- Supports and coaches team members, giving constructive feedback on performance. Proactively takes responsibility for own development needs.
- Communication and influencing including Stakeholder Management
- Demonstrates high skill level in relation to listening, reading, questioning, providing feedback and providing information clearly, concisely, accurately and timely. Reacting positively to change and leads by example, encouraging others to do the same. Able to communicate effectively and gain buy in from key stakeholders
- Business Process Improvement Techniques
- Understanding in techniques for streamlining business processes; which have been modelled and understood. Examples: application of lean techniques, error proofing, value stream mapping, cost benefit analysis, e.g. current business case templates/docs.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please email Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead, Stacie.Burnett@landg.com for further information.