Operational Planning Consultant
- Role Type
- £17,200 - £25,000
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
- Support the Operational Business with all Resource Planning, Workflow Management and the associated suite of reports in order to maximise the customer experience
- Update Work Force Management (WFM) and Workflow systems on a daily basis with information relating to staff availability and workload demand. Ensure impact on the daily and weekly plan is fully understood and minimised.
- Produce monthly schedules for all staff across all areas of Investments Operations, using appropriate systems, skills and knowledge which meet customer demand, whilst taking account of individual preferences and agreements.
- Complete measurement and analysis of key data to ensure that exceptions and trends are understood and proactively highlighted so as to aid management decision making.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with staff and managers from across Investments Operations, ensuring resource planning and scheduling issues are raised and addressed.
- Work closely with everyone in the Operational Planning Team and support all activities by providing insightful feedback that helps us to establish the value of our decisions and supports continuous improvement. Including necessary configuration and development of the Workforce Management (WFM) and Workflow systems.
- Responsible for the accuracy of information input for scheduling production within the WFM and Workflow systems, conducting relevant internal audits as appropriate.
- Ensure all reports are issued to the target audience on time, every time.
- Work with 3rd Party Suppliers (EDM, IBM and Vodafone) to process systems access and telephony changes for Investments Operations. Ensuring requests are completed accurately and within agreed SLA’s, and escalating issues to the Operational Planning Manager and Production Service Manager as appropriate.
- Skills Required
- Analytical and logical thinker with the ability to apply creative solutions to achieve a desired outcome.
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions. Ability to anticipate and resolve problems.
- Effective, concise and professional communication skills.
- Ability to tailor complex information to the appropriate level for an audience in order to gain buy in to proposals or facilitate change
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively, managing expectations with key stakeholders.
- Ensure that the customer journeys are understood and considered within schedules and work force plans to continually enhance the customer experience.
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy when inputting data into many internal systems.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Working pattern is Monday - Friday 7.30am-3.30pm (occasional 8am-4pm on a rota basis)
For further information, please contact Rachel.Varney@landg.com