Supplier Relationship Manager
- Role Type
- Upto £52,500
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Procurement, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
- Job Duties
The team are currently deploying a new operating model, sourcing exciting new SRM & Procurement tools as well as developing and deploying Purchase to Pay across the L&G group.
The team are also responsible for pro-actively managing and developing relationships with Key L&G suppliers as well as being the central best practice hub within the business for SRM and Outsourcing best practice and policies.
The team works closely with all the business units and procurement centres across the group spanning across Insurance, Investment Management, Homes, IT, Retirement & Home Finance as well as overseas colleagues in the USA and Bermuda.
- Delivering best practice SRM activity covering key Group Managed Suppliers (Whistl, Royal Mail, Tag, Pinsents, Lyreco, Capita, Reed & McKay etc...)
- Commercial engagement with in scope suppliers / categories – RFP`s, negotiations etc
- Robust and timely reporting and governance of in scope managed suppliers
- Ownership of GPSM activity regarding CSR, Environmental, Modern Slavery etc and helping set group policy, strategy & best practice.
- Co-Ordination / maintenance of GPSM central Policy records.
- Input into the GPSM Operating model activity with regard to SRM scope - help to evolve the centre of excellence and push boundaries as to how SRM activity is conducted within GPSM and the BU`s.
- Carrying out SRM roadshows across the L&G business units and procurement centres promoting best practice and showing thought leadership & innovation.
- Engaging with business units and local relationship owners with regard to best practice SRM activity, tools, methods and governance.
- Skills Required
- Strong SRM & Procurement skills
- Negotiation skills
- Experience of all aspects of the sourcing cycle
- Contract / Sow experience and drafting skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer focused / Business Partnering skills
- Self starter
- Collaborative / Team Player
- Ideally MCIPs or IACCM(or working towards)
- Drives change / evolution
- Attention to detail & completer / finisher.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information about the role, please contact Lynn Morriss, UK Resourcing Lead, at email@example.com