Senior Integration Developer
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
- Job Duties
Key duties include:
- Oversee substantial area of work within the Integration Team, coordinate work of other developers working on the assignment
- Work as part of the team to develop integration microservices and APIs, mainly using Java, Apache Camel and Spring Boot
- Work with architects and fellow developers to design and develop the solutions that address customer needs and other functional and non-functional requirements
- Ensure all code is tested, and support end-to-end Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing processes
- Help to manage the delivery by taking part in estimation and planning exercises, and produce any input required to support that work
- Support running integration solutions either directly or by helping operational teams – depending on the operating model for the relevant business line
- Keep abreast of technological developments and look for better ways of getting the job done
- Mentor less experienced members of the team and facilitate knowledge sharing within the team and across different teams
- Skills Required
Experience and Skills
• Strong core Java experience including working with XML, databases and SOAP web services
• Test Driven Development, unit testing and integration testing
• Experience working with Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) tools
• Experience working in Agile environment including pair programming
• Experience of working with customers (internal and external), demonstrating work, understanding business requirements etc.
Preferred but can be overlooked if essentials are satisfied:-
• Experience creating integration-oriented microservices exposing RESTful APIs
• Knowledge of Spring Framework and Spring Boot
• Grasp of retail financial services business domain (pensions, investment funds, ISA/SIPPs, etc)
• Familiarity with Linux environment
• Automation of manual tasks
• Experience delivering production solutions with Apache Camel or Red Hat Fuse
• Exposure to container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
• Awareness of GraphQL (especially with Java)
Working environment and team
The Integration Team work in a flexible manner reflecting the diversity of the work at hands. The team is flexible in which hours people are in the office, though it is desirable to be around in the core hours (10am - 4pm) to allow for discussions and collaboration with the team members. Members of the team from home on a regular basis and use online collaboration tools to make it productive. The team is London based and do not need to travel as part of the job, but may work with developers and users in other parts of the UK or even abroad from time to time.
Whatever your role, Legal & General rewards ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after things that matter to you.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including:
- A generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 27 holiday days
- Private medical insurance
- Performance related bonuses
- A variety of share schemes
- Discounts on high street and our own great products
Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.