- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
- Job Duties
Key duties include:
- Work as part of the team to develop integration microservices and APIs, mainly using Java, Apache Camel and Spring Boot.
- Work with architects and fellow developers to design and develop the solutions that address customer needs and other functional and non-functional requirements
- Ensure all code is tested, and support end-to-end Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing processes
- Help to manage the delivery by taking part in estimation and planning exercises, and produce any input required to support that work
- Support running integration solutions either directly or by helping operational teams – depending on the operating model for the relevant business line
- Keep abreast of technological developments and look for better ways of getting the job done
- Skills Required
Experience and Skills
In the order of decreasing importance:
- Experience delivering production solutions with Apache Camel or Red Hat Fuse
- Experience creating integration-oriented microservices exposing RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of Spring Framework and Spring Boot
- Good core Java experience including XML, databases and SOAP web services
- Exposure to container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
- Grasp of retail financial services business domain (pensions, investment funds, ISA/SIPPs, etc)
- Experience working with Extract/Tranform/Load (ETL) tools
- Awareness of GraphQL (especially with Java)
- Experience working in Agile environment including pair programming
- Familiarity with Linux environment
- Personable individual with good verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with dealing with various IT and business stakeholders
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and articulate them
Working environment and team
The Integration Team work in a flexible manner reflecting the diversity of the work at hands. The team is flexible in which hours people are in the office, though it is desirable to be around in the core hours (10am - 4pm) to allow for discussions and collaboration with the team members. Members of the team from home on a regular basis and use online collaboration tools to make it productive. The team is London based and do not need to travel as part of the job, but may work with developers and users in other parts of the UK or even abroad from time to time.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information about the role, please contact Lynn Morriss, UK Resourcing Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org