National Account Manager - Mortgages
- Role Type
- Home based
- Up to £50,000
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
With around one million customers, L&G's Retirement business helps turn customers’ pension savings into lifelong retirement income and enables homeowners to access their property wealth through a range of innovative Retirement Lending solutions provided by L&G Home Finance.
L&G Home Finance has a market leading presence in the Lifetime Mortgage market and is committed to bring new solutions to customers and support more brokers provide quality advice to their clients.
- Job Duties
To grow and develop mutually profitable trading relationships with a diverse range of “Non LTM Specialist” Mortgage Brokers, IFAs and Networks. Supporting those brokers into the Retirement lending sector and securing new business revenue.
- Build and maintain a national portfolio of “non LTM specialist” Mortgage Broker customers, delivering revenue and business performance targets, whilst maintaining sound risk and compliance management to avoid exposing the business.
- Obtain an in depth understanding of our Mortgage Broker customers business needs, issues and product distribution opportunities and support those brokers int the Retirement lending sector.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the external market in which the customer account operates, their competitive position, risks and threats and incorporate this knowledge in the relationship whilst building and delivering an agreed tailored business strategy.
- Establish, direct, influence and maintain appropriate levels of services with each Mortgage Broker customer to ensure the joint needs are given appropriate representation, in terms of technical and value add service, support, product, marketing and systems.
- Work closely with the aligned Sales Support, influencing and providing advice and guidance, to meet individual and team requirements for quality and revenue achievement.
- Identify and establish new relationships to build a pipeline of future Mortgage Broker customers to deliver LGHF growth objectives and financial targets.
- Take responsibility for resolving any complaints ensuring they are handled with sensitivity and empathy in order to maintain and enhance the reputation of Legal & General Home Finance.
- Treating Customers Fairly: Understand the target market for each product falling within licence categories held, ensuring that recommendations can be fully and properly justified, especially where customers are from outside the relevant target market.
- Skills Required
Knowledge of the IFA/business Partner
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of the IFA/Partner’s structure and business model in order to maximise mutual benefit on a dynamic basis. Strengthen the relationship at all levels so that Legal & General Home Finance and its products become the preferred choice.
Market / Business awareness
- Have a high level perspective of relevant competitor propositions, customers and markets. Be capable of determining and predicting the impact of any changes or imbalance. Take appropriate action to avoid or capitalise.
- Achieves the correct level of technical and E.com professional skills/knowledge, together with the technology and e.commerce skills to advise and promote LGHF products and processes, keeping abreast of current developments and trends within the market place.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of LGHF products, both planned and currently available, and their target markets in relation to the IFA/Partner.
Financial and Commercial Focus
- Be knowledgeable about financial and commercial matters. Focus on costs, profit, markets, new business opportunities and activities that will bring in the largest return of good quality compliant business.
- Have comprehensive understanding of the letter and spirit of all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Have detailed knowledge of management structure and responsibilities, including cross-functional awareness. Have a strategic perspective, which is attuned to internal “politics”. Establish and drive strategic and tactical initiatives through useful supportive networks.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles, innovation and communication methods to gain acceptance, of an idea, plan, activity, service or product.
- Key behaviour of appropriate selling technique to overcome resistance and or objections, ability to highlight benefits of products and services to achieve goals.
- Is able to communicate and express ideas both in an oral and written form effectively to an individual or group, adjusting language and terminology to fit the needs of the audience.
- Exhibits active listening skills to answer questions clearly and concisely, and confirms audience understanding and learning.
- Can plan and organise diary effectively and set realistic time scales.
- Able to establish a course of action to accomplish and achieve specific goals or targets.
- Ability to complete action plans with measurements for success for self and accounts.
- Can prioritise business potential for each account and apply appropriate resources to achieve targets set.
- Maintains a positive attitude with enthusiasm and commitment with the ability to pursue and achieve targets and goals despite setbacks and other constraints.
- Is able to accept criticism from individuals on products and processes with the pragmatic approach to bounce back with optimism and focus.
- Participates proactively in the development of team goals and plans, supporting other team members by encouraging participation and listening to their ideas.
- Co-operating with other team members to resolve problems and achieve goals, sharing ideas, skills and knowledge.
- Effectively using listening skills to explore alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties support and acceptance.
- Identify issues and concerns of parties, with the ability to influence behaviours with esteem and empathy.
- Ability to establish openness and trust to find a suitable outcome to overcome objections and avoiding destructive confrontation.
- Ability to evaluate a situation or information and identify existing problems and opportunities.
- Recognising trends and associated data to resolve problems.
- Uses the appropriate questioning approach to seek information from different sources to draw logical conclusions.
- CeMap qualified to be able to demonstrate Mortgage Market advice knowledge and existing or immediate attainment of CF6/ER1 (Equity Release).
- Significant business development experience in the Residential Mortgage Market and the ability to demonstrate a track record of effective and impactful stakeholder management and market/business development.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Our view is that this role is home based and requires national travel with regular overnight stays away from home due to the nature of the role.
For more details on this role, please contact Helen Brockbank, Resourcing Lead - firstname.lastname@example.org