Inbound Sales Agent
- Role Type
- Up to £17,000 (plus commission)
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
We care about our customers and are here to protect the things that matter to them – their home, their pet, their car and much more. At GI our mission is to grow our household insurance market share, diversify our range of products and drive innovative ways in which our customers can purchase and interact with us.
- Job Duties
You will be responsible for selling and retaining Legal and General Products and services to our customers. You will do this by establishing the customers’ needs and providing them with detailed information to enable them to make an informed choice whilst providing an outstanding service.
Positively handle inbound (and outbound calls where relevant) within agreed service levels, ensuring the customers and the company’s expectations are achieved, and that all output are of a consistently high standard.
Display a clear and comprehensive understanding of relevant products. Listen to and acknowledge customer requests, take ownership by matching features and benefits to suit requirements.
To consistently deliver an outstanding customer experience in line with departmental guidelines. (e.g. Behavioural or customer experience framework)
To have an excellent knowledge of the products made available to our customers and a well-developed ability to navigate the systems to quote and retain, satisfying the customer efficiently.
Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all sales and Retention processes, including all changes that arise from continuous improvement activities or business change, ensuring accurate information is given to all customers.
Proactively and consistently achieve quality targets, working with correct and up to date call structures at all times.
To follow best practice in accordance with regulatory requirements and follow Legal and General’s Treating Customers Fairly policy in order that appropriate information is communicated at all times.
To demonstrate and retain evidence of practicing the 3 core L & G Behaviours
- Skills Required
- Knowledge of past and present products and the purpose of these products. In addition ensure that knowledge is acquired and maintained on new product propositions.
- This will include all products serviced by the area that you are based in
- Expert knowledge of appropriate systems utilised across insurance
- Understands and maintains compliance with regulatory requirements. Undertakes required CBT packages.
- Understands how the contact centre operation fits with the Direct to Consumer channel.
- Clearly communicates at all levels and shares knowledge with peers
- Understands and reacts accordingly to information being given via different styles
- Ask open and propping questions in order to understand all relevant customer information.
- Achieve high standards of quality output.
- Apply the relevant product features and benefits to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Express views and ideas with confidence within the team and team meetings.
- Show a positive attitude towards change in the department
- Proactively makes suggestions or has ideas on how to improve processes within the department.
- Works with other team members to pursue a common goal of achieving KPI’s and service levels
- Communicates views and ideas in a positive manner
- Shows flexibility to business requirements – performing duties not linked to primary role
- Fully embraces team KPI’s and has a positive impact on departmental results
- Displays a positive attitude towards achieving agreed team and individual KPI’s
- Quality scores meet the T & C requirement of 90%
- Meets action points agreed in 1:1s and team meetings
- Positive behaviours demonstrated
PLANNING AND ORGANISING
- Demonstrates effective management of call backs, to ensure customers receive a follow up call within agreed service levels
- Uses calendar & Qmax effectively as a planning tool to manage own diary
- Naturally builds rapport and easily establishes relationships with the customer.
- Puts the customer first
- Demonstrates the ability to manage customer expectations taking responsibility and ownership of problems in order to follow the appropriate process
- Ensure promises to customers are kept
- Ensure that the correct escalation process is followed to ensure customer satisfaction.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please note this department operates shift patterns across Monday to Saturday. Candidates should expect to work 1 in 3 Saturdays, and evening shifts on occasion.
The start date for this role is 16th July and there will be a 12 week training period, during which time we require FULL attendance
Interviews will be held on the 5th, 6th and 7th of June
For further information please contact Rachel.Varney@landg.com