Head of Information Protection
- Role Type
- Cardiff or 1 Coleman Street, London
- Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Job Duties
- To provide assurance, input and challenge that data processing registers are maintained effectively across LGIM (H)
- Develop and oversee LGIM (H) approach to information and data security breaches ensuring appropriate internal and external reporting.
- Implement awareness and oversight framework for data classification and treatment of confidential/highly confidential data across LGIM (H)
- Maintain detailed knowledge of relevant data protection rules and legislation, analyse developing regulation for impact on the businesses under scope, work with business areas to meet any new regulatory requirements.
- Develop and oversee LGIM (H) approach to overseas DPA/Info Sec risks, including working collaboratively with teams in those locations to mitigate risk of data loss.
- Assist with guidance on Subject Access Requests completion to ensure LGIM (H) is compliant with industry best practice.
- Develop financial crime awareness and training across the firm through various modes, ensuring that staff remains fully informed of industry and regulatory developments and threats.
- Produce clear and to-the-point 2nd line management information for various groups, committees and team meetings. Including risk reporting and risk registers relating to DPA/Info Sec.
- Work collaboratively with Group to ensure Group policies and standards are appropriate for LGIM (H) Where exceptions or enhancements are required ensure the appropriate governance and risk acceptance is undertaken.
- Head up working groups on information security and data protection to ensure awareness, adherence to policies and best practices are adopted across the business units.
- Treating Customers Fairly
- Skills Required
- Educated to degree level
- Proven experience in information security/data protection related roles
- Strong general knowledge of the following products/sectors:
- Investment Management
- Collective Investments
- Other Financial Services
- Sufficient commercial perspective and overall knowledge of business sectors in which LGIM operates
- Deep knowledge of UK, EU &Global data privacy and information security matters
- Knowledge of 2nd line frameworks
- Strong knowledge of the EU Data Protection rules
- Good presentation and
- Excellent communication skills
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.