Head of IT (Group Finance)
- Role Type
- Upto £90000 depending on experience
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
- Job Duties
With end-to-end responsibility for ensuring effective delivery of IT services to the business, ensure the IT function supports the achievement of the strategic objectives of the business.
- Strategy – Working with the Head of Group Finance and Head of Modelling & Finance Solutions shape the development of the IT service proposition to meet the needs of Group Finance customers and stakeholders.
- Operations Delivery - Lead the delivery of effective divisional IT services, ensuring exacting standards of quality, commercial outcomes, governance, process/systems, communications, and customer experience are met. Operate inside key cost and commercial performance targets. Establish corrective plans as necessary planning for the future in line with business plans and forecasts. Lead the delivery of different IT operating models ensuring minimal distance between business need and coding, while ensuring these are effectively operable and that IT policies, standards and controls are maintained including the integrity of the end-to-end IT operating model
- Governance – Demonstrate effective IT governance across the business division, including ensuring that the activities of any directly engaged IT suppliers conform to IT standards, policies and controls.
- Relationship Management – Manage the relationship with, and performance of Group Finance IT partners, including tracking key performance indicators and use of appropriate management information. Ensure that IT delivery meets business requirements and supports business leadership in maximising the benefits of IT investment
- Customer Centric - Develop and cultivate strong and effective relationships with a range of internal and external contacts/customers and industry forums to ensure that best practice approaches to IT service delivery are identified, tested and, where appropriate, adopted into Group Finance in order that it can benchmark against best in class.
- Leadership - Through inspirational and engaging management, effectively build a winning team, continually develop out individuals and create a great working environment.
- Compliance - Provide leadership oversight and governance to ensure appropriate systems are in place to demonstrate compliance with all relevant legislation & regulations.
- People Leadership - Take the lead in all matters with regard to the management of employees, ensuring that management discretion is used in a consistent manner and that the area follows the Group’s policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement to maximise business performance.
- Skills Required
- Degree level or equivalent
Skills & Knowledge:
- Substantial experience managing IT services delivery, gained in an insurance and/or banking environment
- Deep understanding of a variety of IT delivery models, including waterfall and agile.
- Excellent understanding of IT architectures, infrastructures and business processes they support and the ability to interpret these into innovative system solutions to meet business needs
- Demonstrable experience building out innovative IT & systems strategies and their links to business strategies
- Understanding of established and emerging technologies and the willingness to push boundaries to deliver better solutions
- Experience and understanding of IT service management, including the IT service lifecycle and key processes such as service design, transition and operation
- Good problem solving and analytical and financial skills
- Track record of building effective relationships in complex environments
- Proven background in adapting to trends and openness to new ideas
- Good team management skills, ability to develop and mentor individuals.
- Strong organisational and change management skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to priorities and work independently, managing a high-volume of tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully engage and influence a broad range of individuals across various businesses and key support functions
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information about the role, please contact Lynn Morriss, UK Resourcing Lead, at email@example.com