Technical Services Director
- Role Type
- Up to £95,000
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
With around one million customers, our retail business helps turn customers’ pension savings into lifelong retirement income and our corporate business looks after our defined benefit pension schemes ensuring they are effectively managed to protect against risk and achieve their maximum potential.
- Job Duties
- Leading a team in providing post-sale calculations relating to inception pricing, reinsurance, longevity and collateral arrangements in a timely, efficient and proactive manner. Leading and pushing forward specific projects including the on-boarding of new reinsurance arrangements.
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of post-sale calculations relating to inception pricing, reinsurance, longevity and collateral arrangements produced by the PRT Business Services Team.
- Review and approve Benefit Specification and Data Schedules to be received by clients prior to Balancing Premium calculations and completion of deals.
- Ensuring that the highest level of support is provided to the post-sale inception clients (including reinsurers) at all times.
- Implement a robust control framework and own the risk controls for the PRT Business Services Team ensuring accuracy of all information going to clients.
- Engage in the day to day relationships with clients post sale.
- Identify, develop and implement process improvements to drive efficiency throughout the PRT Business Services Team.
- Set team strategy, liaise with external teams on capacity and oversee the production of regular MI to communicate capacity. This will involve regular visits to Hove, the location of the Operations side of the PRT Business Services Team.
- To take the lead in all matters with regard to the management of employees, ensuring that management discretion is used in a consistent manner and that the area follows the Group’s policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement to maximise business performance.
- Skills Required
- Qualified Actuary;
- Previous relevant experience working in a consultancy environment or another relevant pricing role (e.g. life insurance or de risking provider);
- Strong leadership skills;
- Track record of effective delegation and supervision of complex tasks;
- Extensive knowledge of Defined Benefit Pension Schemes; and
- Exceptional project management skills with a track record of leading on complex projects within short timescales.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information