Research & Insight Consultant (Digital/Group support)
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- Birmingham, Cardiff or Hove
- 25,500 - 40,500
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
- Job Duties
Commission and deliver primary research for L&G Group, including Digital and UX support. Research projects may include (but not limited to);
- UX & digital research
- NPD and proposition development
- Market opportunity scoping/sizing & customer trends analysis
- Adhoc customer research
- CX evaluation
- Marcomms & brand evaluation
- Other adhoc projects (quant and qual) to support wider business questions/strategies
- Leverage secondary market intelligence and data sources and work collaboratively with Insight team colleagues to add further depth of insight to primary research projects, supporting both product and distribution channel requirements
- Proactively gather, filter and analyse multiple customer, channel and competitor intelligence & news to deliver effective trend/market summaries as and where required. Ensure implications are clear for L&G strategies, profitable growth and channel/product development
- Provide consultancy, guidance and support to key stakeholders, enabling data and insight driven decision making. Act as a customer and client champion and where relevant, challenge the status quo on the basis of data & insights
- Manage research budgets for your area, ensuring efficiency and value from each project, with costs/requirements managed within plan
- Leverage the L&G customer segmentation through all research projects to enhance insights and further our customer view
- Conduct all projects and tasks in a manner compliant with data protection requirements, mitigating and minimising any risks and treating customers fairly (see below for more detail)
- Skills Required
Must have strong & proven market research experience and be adept at storytelling with insights
Key skills will include;
- Proven experience of tendering, commissioning & delivering primary and secondary research projects; ability to identify and negotiate the best solution required to meet project objectives, with strong project management skills to ensure timely and effective delivery
- Excellent story-telling abilities; strength in synergising multiple research sources and market intelligence to logically & concisely detail insights, with resulting business decisions and opportunities clearly signposted
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research approaches, with proven experience of efficiently utilising these to deliver cost-effective business benefits
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders with varying degrees of insight experience, knowledge and requirements: Must be able to translate insights for different audience needs
- Strong presentation skills and relationship building abilities; confidence to proactively lead and consult within meetings and workshops, challenging when necessary and proactively ensuring the voice of the customer/client is accurately and fairly represented
- Pragmatic ability to consider and highlight both tactical and strategic implications of insights; must be able to consider and balance the customer/client needs and the commercial implications, driving informed stakeholder actions
- High degree of confidence in negotiating and managing conflicting priorities, resolving where possible and escalating recommended solutions where necessary.
- Must be able to work in a self-directed manner but with the experience to know when and how to escalate/highlight potential issues
- Experience managing a research budget; ability to set, agree and regularly monitor research costs within budget, ensuring any changes are effectively managed
- Financial Services research experience would be of significant value, in particular work within Savings, Pensions and /or Insurance, equally familiarity with both B2C and B2B research would also be of advantage.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further Information, please contact Christine.Mitchell@landg.com