Senior Technical Coordinator, L&G Homes Communities
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Creating communities to live, grow and flourish.
We believe that the pride and commitment of our staff are the key to our success. By ensuring exceptional levels of care and quality throughout, we aim to become the foremost provider of first class homes and customer service.
- Department Info
Our aim is to establish our reputation as the leading provider of top quality homes and first class customer service in the UK housing sector and to compete for market share with the established residential developers. We want to challenge and change public perception of new homes being inferior to older properties, by delivering a product which surpasses buildings of the past in terms of quality, efficiency and comfort. We are also committed to following a purchasing process that removes the stress and anxiety associated with moving home and one where customer satisfaction is embedded into all aspects of our business, supported by guarantees from a leading UK brand synonymous with honesty and trust. Our vision is, that by creating first class Communities, we will become the residential developer of choice in the UK.
- Job Duties
Reporting to the Technical Director an opportunity exists for an exceptionally organised Senior Technical Coordinator. You will participate in the management and co-ordination of the external consultant team through all stages of planning through Commercial, Production, Sales and Adoptions, and where required you will have other Technical Co-ordinators reporting into you and must manage their workload and development. You will ensure that all disciplines are fully joined up and in synchronisation; checking layout drawings, suppliers and manufacturers details and obtaining necessary Building Regulation Technical Approvals.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Manage the day to day co-ordination of technical information flow to all internal and external parties.
- Manage and co-ordinate the Technical Co-ordinator workload and mentor their development.
- Arranging for the preparation of all working drawings and supporting information for issue to the Commercial team for tendering purposes in line with the agreed Programme.
- Working with the Commercial team to provide a detailed materials palette and plot schedule details for the development to ensure commercial objectives are maintained and planning constraints met.
- Managing and reporting on technical fee budgets.
- Clearing all Building Regulation conditions to ensure CML’s can be delivered in line with Regional Budget.
- Ensuring that Specialist supplier designs and sales brochures are accurately produced.
- Maintaining a good understanding of environmental/ecological constraints to development and ensuring that appropriate mitigation is undertaken to allow development to proceed in line with Regional Programme.
- Dealing with the resolution of site queries in close conjunction with the Technical Director and liaising with the Site Manager/Sales Executive to ensure continuity of build and sales progress.
- Assume delegated duties of the Technical Director and advising the consultant design team on health, safety and environmental matters in line with the Legal & General Homes (Communities) HSE Policy throughout the design process.
- Skills Required
Knowledge & Capability:
A proven track record of delivery as a Technical Coordinator within an established residential developer with detailed knowledge of building regulations and a thorough understanding of technical detailing and emerging requirements is essential. AutoCad experience is highly desirable and thorough competency of working drawing requirements is essential.
Flexibility and Change Orientation - The ability to grasp problems and issues by breaking them down into their component parts, to solve problems, process information, assess risks, form judgements and develop solutions.
Achievement Drive - The motivation to strive towards achieving challenging goals, high standards and making continual improvements in the way things are done.
Customer Orientation - The desire to help or serve the customer to meet their needs. Focusing efforts on discovering the internal or external customer’s needs, and bringing all resources to together in order to meet those needs.
Working Together – The capability to build strong working relationships and share common goals with colleagues to help achieve team and business success.
Communicating and Influencing - The ability to seek out, clarify, share and communicate so that individuals and the team have all the information needed to work effectively. Manage communication up and down the management structure.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, employee private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information about the role, please contact Graham Stoddart, UK Resourcing Business Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications should be made via the ‘Apply now’ button below and not by email.