Programme HR Business Partner
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
- Up to £53,000
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
With a team of around 500 people, Mature Savings look after existing pensions and investments - from dealing with customer enquiries, updating information and handling customer claims. We also have a group of teams handling Communications, Product Literature, Project Management and training.
- Job Duties
We are looking for an experience HR Business Partner to join our Mature Savings division on a 6 month fixed term contract. To provide proactive support and challenge to the senior management team on all aspects of people and organisation development and contribute to the business plan.
Build a framework and metrics for the business to ensure that transformation programmes involving people and organisational design improve the efficiency and effectiveness of individual business units.
Contribute to the development and implementation of the overall People Plan, through active participation and by leading people programme projects when appropriate/necessary.
Provide cost effective HR solutions to the business on employee engagement, organisational design/ restructuring, talent and succession management, learning & development, performance management and resource planning.
Drive and support the organisation wide focus on talent management and development, including the facilitation of the relevant business areas talent and succession planning activity.
Support the annual cycle of people activity, including pay review; performance calibration and employee survey.
Support the delivery of the learning and development strategy working with the relevant business leadership and the ‘Leadership, Talent and Learning Centre of Excellence’ to oversee appropriate development interventions.
Ensure that HR solutions within the business represent an appropriate balance between external market practice and internal L&G policy and practice.
With the support of the Reward Centre of Excellence, develop and implement appropriate reward strategies for the relevant business area.
Ensure Employee Relations within the Business Unit and work closely with Unite, local reps and managers to champion and demonstrate working in partnership and its benefits.
- Skills Required
- Experience of supporting large scale Change Programmes
- Excellent attention to detail and advanced user of Microsoft applications
- Experience of tracking and reporting on key project milestones and deliverables
- Experience of dealing with Senior Stakeholders and Programme Directors in a project environment
- Experience of working in a fast paced organisation during a period of significant transformation
- Understanding and practical application of project management techniques
- Influencing senior leaders on HR matters and linking this to business strategy.
- Experience of providing HR partnership to support the business with an awareness of the different challenges that are faced.
- Development of HR strategy, planning and the subsequent implementation.
- Use of a range of organisational development techniques to drive engagement and performance in the business.
- Capability to source, gather, analyse and interpret business focused HR data to enable effective decision making.
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- Essential experience in and understanding of employment law, generic HR policies and procedures.
- Understanding of TUPE and experience of the people aspects of mergers and acquisition.
- Understanding of people development methodologies and current best practice
- Experience of organisation design techniques and how they can be employed to drive organisational and cultural change
- Worked in a matrix organisation
- CIPD or management qualification preferred
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), an annual supplement for private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org