- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
We care about our customers and are here to protect the things that matter to them – their home, their pet, their car and much more. At GI our mission is to grow our household insurance market share, diversify our range of products and drive innovative ways in which our customers can purchase and interact with us.
- Job Duties
- To take full responsibility of the IT infrastructure architecture of the General Insurance (GI) division, providing hands on architecture and design services to meet the changing requirements of the business division. Working with the other members of the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure business and application architecture are designed appropriately to meet the needs of GI.
- Provide architecture leadership to projects, ensuring that IT solutions support the objectives of simplifying the GI Infrastructure landscape and reducing total cost of ownership whilst delivering business value.
- Utilise expert technical knowledge of infrastructure architecture, design techniques and tools to support the creation of infrastructures to support the GI business strategies and ensure robust and innovative design of infrastructure architectures.
- Actively participate and direct the conception, planning and design of GI’s strategic infrastructure estate to ensure that initiatives are impacted and where appropriate conflict or compromises are escalated to ensure the alignment with the business & IT strategies.
- Define, establish and maintain a complete, accurate and reliable repository of all GI infrastructure architectures across the GI division’s management and operational platforms to support the evaluation, definition and design of new solutions to meet the strategic needs of the division.
- Work with internal IT teams, procurement and IT outsourcing partners to implement robust architecture governance processes which will ensure that infrastructure solutions meet non-functional requirements and comply with GI architecture principles, standards and policies.
- Work with internal and external bodies to maintain an up to date view of the emerging infrastructure technologies so that they can be exploited to support the future direction and requirements of the GI division.
- Deliver effective communication to influence and maintain positive working relationships with all interested parties including stakeholders and divisional directors, managed service providers, and external suppliers to support effective decision-making in relation to strategic infrastructure architecture decisions.
- Comply with agreed methodology, standards, policies and procedures to ensure strong governance, sharing knowledge and providing feedback and ideas so that performance is continually improved.
- Define, develop and deliver processes and systems to ensure a consistent and good level of service that means customers’ expectations are met, is consistent with what we have communicated and is aligned to L&G’s Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly policy.
- Skills Required
- IT infrastructure (SAN technologies, networking, Wintel, Linux, zOS, Hypervisors)
- Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, Google).
- Mid-tier Java platforms (JEE, WAS (WebSphere Application Server), JBOSS).
- Application integration with multiple platforms and data sources (Mainframe, mid-range, SOA, ESB technologies).
- Enterprise content management products.
- Portal / User Experience Platform (UXP) technologies.
- Database technologies (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server).
- Data Warehousing and reporting (e.g. Business Objects, Ab-initio, SAS).
- IT security (e.g. OWASP, WS-Security).
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more information on this role, please contact Helen Brockbank - Resourcing Lead - email@example.com.