- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
We care about our customers and are here to protect the things that matter to them – their home, their pet, their car and much more. At GI our mission is to grow our household insurance market share, diversify our range of products and drive innovative ways in which our customers can purchase and interact with us.
- Job Duties
- Provide technical architecture governance to projects ensuring that the IT solutions support the stated objectives and are coherent in simplifying the GI landscape, reducing the total cost of ownership and delivering business value.
- Work with the business, procurement and partners to implement robust architecture and IT solutions ensuring the business requirements are met and follow the agreed GI standards and principles.
- Manage project architecture risks and issues, ensuring significant issues are escalated and resolved in a timely manner whilst balancing the cost / exposure.
- Input into the Enterprise Architecture team’s architecture blueprints, roadmaps and communicate these where appropriate. Whilst also helping to define and maintain them.
- Perform technical due diligence, working closely with IT Security, Information Security, Operations and Delivery Management, understanding risks and options to reduce exposure. Define resolution and passed across for formal resolution. Were risks are recommended for acceptance, ensure that the Risk Committee is appropriately appraised of the facts and can make an informed decision.
- Commercial awareness and able to understand documents such as statement of work (SoW) from a solution perspective and be able to robustly challenge the appropriateness of partner designs to ensure the most cost effective and re-usable solution is handed over to delivery.
- Understand major technology trends and recommend innovations that deliver business value
- Provide technical input into projects to ensure that cost savings / avoidance initiatives are driven through to delivery as part of the wider outcome from change.
- Engages with key stakeholders within the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure relationships are developed and maintained, e.g. Business, Infrastructure, Data, Technical Architects and Delivery Managers.
- Work alongside other BU architects and SSIT to share knowledge and insight regarding insurance-wide architectural issues and impacts at the Insurance Architecture Forum.
- Work with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure projects adhere to L&G Architectural principles and processes, to identify and close down Key Architectural Decisions, and provide guidance to project development teams such that projects are delivered to schedule and in line with business expectations.
- Skills Required
- Mid-tier Java platforms (JEE, WebSphere Application Server).
- Application integration with multiple platforms and data sources (Mainframe, mid-range, SOA, ESB technologies).
- Enterprise content management products.
- Portal / User Experience Platform (UXP) technologies.
- Database technologies (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server).
- Data Warehousing and reporting (e.g. Business Objects, Ab-initio, SAS).
- IT infrastructure (SAN technologies, basic networking, Wintel, Linux, zOS, Hypervisors).
- IT security (e.g. OWASP, WS-Security).
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more information, please contact Helen Brockbank - Resourcing Lead - email@example.com.