Senior Digital Test Analyst
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- £38,700 - £61,300
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
- Job Duties
Leading testing in product and project development teams, to ensure the delivery of high quality software across the L&G Group. Driving overall quality improvements to our websites and digital applications. You will help coach the team and stakeholders to improve the way they work and keep quality at the forefront of everything we do.
- Leading testing in a product or project development team (7-15 people with a £2 - 4m cost per year) using different techniques and tools.
- Working in the development team to devise, plan and document tests to mitigate risk and protect the quality of our deliverables.
- Communicating the findings of your work in a considerate and actionable way to help the team improve their products. Managing any conflict that arises.
- Leading and providing effective communication to your team, the Portfolio QA Manager and other stakeholders interested in your work to ensure effective decision making and integration.
- Developing test principles with the Portfolio QA Manager to help provide a good outcome to customers whilst ensuring we meet audit requirements and commercial interests. Challenging and improving these processes where you see opportunity.
- You will be instrumental in supporting the development team understand and shape business requirements to help ensure alignment and a shared understanding.
- Coordinating testing with other test teams and interested parties to help ensure the successful delivery of work into different governance and delivery models.
- Provide line-management, professional guidance, plan, and coordinate development and coaching for a team of 1-5 Digital Test Analysts, managing the team in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, including the Partnership Agreement, so that the team’s business objectives are achieved consistently.
- Skills Required
- Experience of different test execution approaches is essential.
- Experience of working as part of a development team is essential.
- Able to demonstrate supportive, communicative and collaborative approach to working in a team. Previous team leadership, coaching or people management experience is desirable.
- Strong experience (at least 2 years) in at least two of the following are essential:
- Web development and testing
- Exploratory testing
- Test automation
- Agile development and testing
- Test management and strategy
- API testing
- Non-functional testing such as performance, accessibility or security
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For more details, please contact Helen Brockbank - Resourcing Lead - firstname.lastname@example.org