Operations Support Co-ordinator
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
With around one million customers, our retail business helps turn customers’ pension savings into lifelong retirement income and our corporate business looks after our defined benefit pension schemes ensuring they are effectively managed to protect against risk and achieve their maximum potential.
- Job Duties
- Responsible for providing an efficient claims service to individual scheme members and intermediaries, during the installation phase.
- Responsible for all manual retirement calculations, design & issue of non-standard communication to both members and 3rd party intermediaries using the claims calculator. To work with buy out and buy-in schemes as required usually with between three and five benefit slices and up to five hundred members.
- Responsible for checking individual quotations and ensuring that documents/letters and statements are correct and that L&G is protected from any additional payments or cost above those for which the Society is liable.
- Responsible for the checking of and authorising of the payment of claims ensuring that the correct benefits are settled, and where necessary to oversee the amendment of appropriate computer systems to meet the demands of non-standard schemes.
- Provide on the job training on various aspects of the area’s work and provide technical advice and instruction to less experienced members of the team.
- Act as technical expert for the team, which could include being utilised as the Society’s contact and expert on sensitive or priority schemes, acting as the focal point for queries and having responsibility for interpreting and keeping up to date with current pensions legislation and HMRC practice.
- Set up and maintain scheme records, and to personally deal with the investigation of anomalies and to take whatever action is appropriate
- Regularly review schemes that are not yet ‘signed’ and ensure all systems are kept up to date. Liaise with Installations to ensure the correct data is used for all quotations and settlements and proactively review outstanding data items both internally and externally.
- Facilitate the operation of a variety of bulk exercises (Transfer, WULS etc) in line with the agreed process liaising accordingly with Installations and Loading.
- To ensure all member records are updated and correct at the point the FDS is signed by L&G and the Trustees.
- Skills Required
- Pension Qualification from CII or PMI desirable
- Defined Benefit Pension knowledge
- Regulatory knowledge of The Pensions Regulator, The Financial Conduct Authority, The Pension Protection Fund and the Financial Assistance Scheme
- Analysis & Problem Solving
- Takes ownership of and resolves any issues, referring to their manager when required. Actively contributes to the enhancement of the overall performance of the team.
- Planning & Organisation
- Taking responsibility for the planning and organisation of all work assigned in accordance with Job duties and personal objectives
- Confidence and Resilience
- Display confidence and react positively to quality feedback.
- Understand your role within the team and contribute contructively as required.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information, please contact Rachel.Varney@landg.com