We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Delegated Schemes Assurance Manager
- Role Type
- £24000 - £38000
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
- Job Duties
To implement a strategy that ensures internal operations/ delegated schemes / third party arrangements achieve best in class performance, commensurate with business growth plans, risk appetite, claims strategy and GI’s Customer Experience, in adherence with L&G Best Practice and Group Policies.
- To manage, motivate and develop a team of Claims Control Managers and Controllers that delivers an effective and improved robust claims control environment that brings consistency and fairness to L&G’s decision making, ensuring adherence to L&G’s processes, policies, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Working in partnership with key stakeholders within L&G and our business/supplier partners organisations deliver a robust governance and oversight framework, ensuring that contractual, financial, operational and regulatory requirements are being met at all times and that other business strategic opportunities are identified and developed.
- To provide feedback and use recognised continuous improvement methodology to challenge/implement best practice, new controls that will delivery cost, process, customer experience and quality benefits. Demonstrating confidence in capability and consistency in the delivery of customer experience / outcomes.
- To guarantee a high standard of service delivery developing effective relationships between L&G’s delegated schemes and supply chain partners to drive outstanding customer experience and ensuring all valid claims are paid to the right value.
- Undertake robust due diligence and support on-boarding of new arrangements managing expectations across both L&G and business/supplier partners, providing technical and governance expertise and insight.
- Assist Complex Claims, Fraud, Liability and Complaint Resolution teams with the investigation of retained claims as required.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and maintain a technical market awareness to enable understanding of consumer needs, competitor activity, regulatory & legislative changes to ensure that L&G and their business / supplier partners strategies remain relevant, compliant and leading edge to drive customer advocacy, fairness and competitive advantage. Whilst adhering to all TCF principles pertaining to the role.
- To manage the team in accordance with the company's policies and procedures, including the Partnership Agreement, so that the team’s business objectives are achieved consistently.
- Skills Required
Accredited with industry related qualifications relative to product area: CII or equivalent (desirable)
- Relationship / performance management.
- Quality assurance / audit management.
- Technical claims management / underwriting.
Product and Process
- Good understanding of L&G’s current and legacy product range including back book purchases now administered by L&G.
- Good understanding of property, commercial (SME) and liability products / policy cover and claims management.
- Knowledge of the end-to-end process for service, claims and underwriting.
- Knowledge and understanding of appropriate processes, procedures and related documentation applicable throughout the lifespan of a policy.
- Detailed knowledge of appropriate end to end policy administrative systems.
- User of Complaints management databases
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to use them to communicate information effectively.
- Good understanding of Group Policies and Procedures and key regulatory policies.
- Good understanding of L&G’s reserving principles and philosophy, underwriting policy and best practice and claims philosophy and best practice.
- Good knowledge of the Insurance Business Structure and the key functions and contacts in each team.
- Good knowledge of the main business areas across L&G and key points of contact in GI business units.
- Good knowledge of the ways L&G sells its products and services, including intermediary channels, financial promotions and strategic partners (and the implications of selling by channel).
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the impact of change in claims solution, pricing and underwriting model.
- Understanding of L&G strategy and brand, distribution channels, stakeholders, and the activities of our key competitors.
- Understanding of insurance market trends and industry developments.
- Understanding of stipulated regulatory timescales and mandatory customer communications as set out by the FCA
- Understanding of customer rights and process with FOS if complaint resolution cannot be reached.
- Understanding of the regulatory framework, e.g. FCA / PRA Handbook, HMRC rules
- Awareness of the regulatory, economic and political issues and changes facing the industry
- Understand the relationship between competence and customer experience.
- Identify development needs to address gaps between the needs of the role and your current knowledge and skills.
- What an effective development plan should contain and the activities that you can do, taking account of your learning style.
- How to evaluate your performance (including feedback sources) and identify how development activities have contributed to your performance.
- How to update development plans in the light of performance, feedback received, activities undertaken and other developments.
- The need to keep evidence of achievement and maintenance of competence
- Resources available to support personal development and the need to take personal responsibility for learning.
- Relationship / Account Management experience.
- Customer experience understanding.
- Process Management.
- Technical Claims Management
- Risk Management.
- Communication and influencing – can demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills.
- Commercial acumen.
- Managing competence / quality assurance monitoring.
- Delivering feedback / coaching others.
- Stakeholder management - understands and reacts to the needs of internal and external customers and stakeholders, working proactively to provide a professional and impartial service, striving to restore confidence in the L&G brand..
- Executes decisions in a timely manner and in line with an action plan where appropriate.
- Can be trusted to make the right decisions without additional manager approval where appropriate.
- Use of time management techniques (prioritisation, planning and review) and record keeping (for customer contact and other actions) on appropriate systems.
- Remains open to suggestions and ideas from all areas is willing to explore different ways to deal with issues.
- Generates and develops creative solutions to problems.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information, please contact Ruth Prosser, Resourcing Consultant, at email@example.com
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.