- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
With around one million customers, our retail business helps turn customers’ pension savings into lifelong retirement income and our corporate business looks after our defined benefit pension schemes ensuring they are effectively managed to protect against risk and achieve their maximum potential.
- Job Duties
- Support the Business Services Team in providing post-sale monitoring and calculations relating to inception pricing, reinsurance, longevity and collateral arrangements in a timely, efficient and proactive manner.
- Help on-board new LGR reinsurance arrangements including reviewing and feeding in comments to draft contracts from an operational perspective.
- Provide actuarial support to the Business Services Operations Team in Hove on BAU arrangements covering complex issues such as calculating collateral amounts and implementing trivial commutations.
- Provide actuarial support to projects relevant to the PRT Business Services Team, as agreed with the Head of PRT Business Services.
- Calculate the final price on PRT new business arrangements post-sale and advise trustees of any balancing payments required.
- Skills Required
- Part Qualified Actuary;
- Some previous knowledge of being part of a project / deal based team;
- Some knowledge of Defined Benefit Pension Schemes;
- Knowledge of different types of reinsurance arrangement;
- The ability to work quickly and accurately. High attention to detail;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines to ensure project delivery.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.