Finance Systems Analyst (SII)
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers, any way we can. We’re always available to help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. Joining us, we want you to be proud of the work you do, how you develop and the contribution you make to society. Working with us, we help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work autonomously and flexibly.
- Department Info
The Finance Systems Analyst role is a new role created within the Finance Systems Team in Group Finance, the purpose of which is to provide support for a number of Solvency II reporting solutions used by business units across the L&G Group. This role to date has been fulfilled by our external IT partners and is now being brought in-house. This role will report to the Senior Finance Systems Analyst.
- Job Duties
- providing application support to a number of L&G Business units that use a range of reporting tools and solutions to submit Solvency II Pillar 3 regulatory filings to the PRA (submissions include QRTs, NSTs, FSTs)
- the support includes preparation / pre-reporting period tasks ( software version controls, taxonomy checks, rule file changes), execution support (XBRL file inspections, triage of errors and warnings from Magnify), as well as post-submission support
- registering and resolving incidents and queries raised by end users – either internally or in liaison with software vendors and L&G IT software partners – this includes monitoring and reporting on any defects raised
- working on implementing new releases of the Solvency II applications (enabling of software releases, performing periodic non-functional testing) or the rolling out of bug fixes; liaising with the vendors and with the business community in the process
- rolling out metadata updates, such as EIOPA taxonomy updates
- running of regular system maintenance tasks
- performing other system maintenance, configuration and troubleshooting tasks, involving other systems covered by the Finance Systems team
Supported systems include:
- SIIAssist (supplied by FSAssist)
- Magnify (supplied by CoreFiling)
- a number of Excel-based macro tools for data conversion and de-duplication, including conversion from XML to Excel
The role holder may also be expected to work on other systems covered by the Finance Systems team.
- Skills Required
In order to successfully fill the role, the ideal candidate will have experience of:
- application support and incident resolution
- performing software roll outs and system tests, as well as assisting end users with tasks related to UAT testing
- regularly contacting external vendors and IT partners on issues and queries
- have proven Excel VBA programming and data manipulation skills
The role is ideal for a candidate who already has experience of the financial services industry or wishes to acquire such an experience and specifically in an area that supports regulatory reporting.
- Solvency II reporting tools (such as the ones mentioned above)
- Solvency II reporting regulations
- data exchange standards, such as XML and XBRL
Training and handover from the team currently assuring support will be provided on the job.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.