Senior Finance Systems Analyst (SII)
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers, any way we can. We’re always available to help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. Joining us, we want you to be proud of the work you do, how you develop and the contribution you make to society. Working with us, we help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work autonomously and flexibly.
- Department Info
The Senior Finance Systems Analyst role is a new position created within the Finance Systems Team in Group Finance, the purpose of which is to assume the responsibility for the support of a number of Solvency II reporting solutions used by business units across the L&G Group. This role to date has been fulfilled by our external IT partners and is now being brought in-house. The role will report to the Finance Systems Manager. It will have one position reporting to it – the Finance Systems Analyst.
- Job Duties
Job duites cover:
- administering the systems in scope
- providing various L&G business units with support on a range of reporting tools used to submit Solvency II Pillar 3 regulatory filings to the PRA (submissions include QRTs, NSTs, FSTs)
- resolving incidents and queries raised by end users – either internally or in liaison with software vendors and L&G IT software partners – in line with agreed SLAs
- managing new releases or bug fixes of the Solvency II applications, including coordinating testing, liaising with the vendors and with the business community and handling of communications on all changes
- supporting any metadata updates, such as EIOPA taxonomy updates
- managing relationships with software vendors
- assuring governance and controls around the support process; making sure the process is fully documented
- producing operational activity dashboards and reports (including post-submission information on software version used, incidents and defects, lessons learnt)
- managing licences and user licence assignments
- delivering project / change work related to Solvency II reporting (driven by regulatory change, taxonomy changes ...)
- managing the Finance Systems Analyst
- performing other system maintenance, configuration and troubleshooting tasks, involving other systems covered by the Finance Systems team
The supported systems include:
- SIIAssist (supplied by FSAssist)
- Magnify (supplied by CoreFiling)
- a number of Excel-based macro tools for data conversion and de-duplication, including conversion from XML to Excel
The role holder may also be expected to work on other systems covered by the finance systems team.
- Skills Required
Qualifications and Skills
In order to successfully fill the role, the ideal candidate will be experienced in:
- application support, including incident management
- release management and application / software testing
- liaising with external vendors and IT partners
- have good technical awareness as well as Excel VBA and data manipulation skills
The candidate will have very good communication skills and the ability to liaise with finance staff at various levels of seniority. They will be able to manage the deliverables of the Finance Systems Analyst reporting to this role, but also step in and perform hands-on work whenever needed.
Their experience and communication skills will help them assess the priority of requests raised by the end user community and prioritise work accordingly, as well as provide timely and accurate updates. They will have a service and delivery – oriented approach to their work.
The role is ideal for a candidate who already has experience of the financial services industry or wishes to acquire such an experience and specifically in an area that supports regulatory reporting.
-Solvency II reporting tools (such as the ones mentioned above)
-Solvency II reporting regulations
-data exchange standards, such as XML and XBRL
will be a distinct advantage.
Training and handover from the team currently assuring support will be provided on the job.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.