Customer Service Claims Advisor
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- Birmingham City Centre
- £15,500 - £20,000
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
- Job Duties
- To manage the customer experience throughout the claim, following the recommended call structure and delivering a high level of customer satisfaction.
- To ensure that all claims are dealt with effectively and efficiently resulting in accurate outcomes.
- To demonstrate Treating Customers Fairly when handling claims.
- To maintain a good level of technical knowledge once training has been provided.
- To evidence and demonstrate the ability to make decisions whilst taking into account the customers circumstances.
- To demonstrate flexibility depending on customer demand.
- To manage and resolve customer dissatisfaction.
- To recognise where there are inconsistencies during the claims process and take remedial action.
- Skills Required
- Good rapport/relationship and negotiation skills, competent and confident in interactions with stakeholders and business partners;
- Good knowledge and ability to accurately use PC application and able to input information correctly.Attention to detail
- Ability to work within agreed timescales and deadlines and be flexible alongside customer demand.Excellent organisation skills
- To be proactive in identifying problems and constructively look to find solutions.
- To work actively as part of a team and contribute towards delivering team performance
- To embrace change positively.
- To actively listen when interacting with customers using clear effective communication and adapt style to meet the customer needs.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
The start date for this role is Monday 29th February.
We will be holding final stage assessments on 10/01, 16/11, and 23/01, where you will be expected to attend a half day session.
Training will consist of 11 weeks of classroom and contact centre floor learning, whereby minimal holiday can be approved.
Please note that there are rotating shift patterns, which fall within M-F 08am 08pm, and around 1 in every 3 saturdays between 9-5pm.