Technical Surveyor - Northern Counties
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- £27,000 - £44,100
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
- Job Duties
- To conduct and drive financial, technical and contractual control outcomes for L&G buildings claims managed by outsourced adjusters and surveyors in excess of >£50k in order to lead the claims process for the benefit of customer outcomes and the business. Assist the major and complex loss team to retain delegated authority and determine liability with Loss Adjusters for all >£100k cases.
- Undertake analysis of contractor performance including the use of customer insight and colleague feedback to ensure the timely resolution of any service issues and take appropriate action to mitigate/ avoid recurrence e.g. agree performance improvement plans with contractor TSPMs where appropriate and ensure that these are adhered to, monitored and undertake root cause analysis to mitigate/avoid similar problems occurring.
- Undertake on site customer visits to review the handling and technical decision making of Work In Progress/closed claims identifying leakage and key areas for improvement in cost, customer experience and quality management.
- Provide technical advice and assistance LGI Complex Claims Team, Assurance team and Complaints with the investigation of major and complex buildings claims as required, technical auditing, and compiling or challenging of schedules of works where required.
- Ensure business and customer needs are being met, drive innovation, technical standards, strive for continuous improvement and respond to legislative changes.
- Establish and maintain strong partnership relationships with outsource surveying functions.
- Deliver indemnity saving initiatives as determined by line management.
- Skills Required
- Experience at surveyor, supervisor or management level within a buildings repair or restoration environment relevant to major and complex loss. Excellent analytical skills from a technical, operational and financial perspective.
- Broad understanding of principles of insurance - risk management and claims handling, compliance and regulatory issues, legislative influences, risk assessment, risk pricing and loss prevention techniques.
- Fully conversant with the insurance reinstatement building and restoration industry including all relevant legal, Health & Safety and regulatory requirements.
- Essential to have detailed understanding of the works processes and technical challenges of the major and complex buildings repairs and/or restoration.
- A detailed understanding of cost structures and drivers within building repair network businesses to obtain best value for money terms for L&G and its customers. Broad knowledge of the Tendering process including the impacts of failure for all parties.
- RICS, CIOB, DipSurv, QS qualification or equivalent preferred.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.