Senior Investment & Capital Analyst
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms – our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
- Job Duties
The role involves owning the capital analysis, documentation and MI production for the LGAS Shareholder Fund (SHF), as well as supporting the Group Head of ALM in the analysis and management of Group market risk exposures. Accountabilities include:
- Maintain and develop the framework for Group Solvency II reporting in relation to the LGAS SHF, to ensure a robust and efficient reporting schedule.
- Support and advise the Traded Portfolio team in ensuring that the portfolio remains within capital tolerances, including advising on appropriate hedging strategies and ensuring that capital requirements can be accurately forecast
- Take primary responsibility for the Solvency II business planning and forecasting process for SHF to ensure that the relevant deliverables are provided accurately and on time.
- Work closely with Risk Solutions and Analytics team (Algo team) to ensure that internal model information for the SHF is up to date; the numbers are regularly reviewed and well understood, such that the risk relating to SHF is well reflected.
- Support the analysis and management of ALM exposures across the Business Units as well as their aggregation and interaction at Group.
- Support the production and development of Board quality MI, providing line of sight to the ALM position and impact on capital dynamics at both a Group and entity level.
- Manage governance and policy documentation owned by Group ALM.
- Work closely with colleagues in the Business Units to ensure good channels of MI, analysis remain open to the Group team.
- Skills Required
- Qualified actuary
- Experience of financial and regulatory reporting within a financial services company
- Experience of a range of investments and derivatives
- Insurance experience within industry advantageous
- Ability to understand implications of certain events on reporting across different metrics (IFRS, Solvency II)
- Ability to analyse complex structures or technical issues and understand implications to capital
- Excellent understanding of balance sheet and capital drivers of a financial services company
- Strong understanding of investments, hedging and capital markets
- Good understanding of Solvency II overall requirements both on available capital and capital requirement side including understanding of internal model and matching adjustment.
- Good understanding of Pillar 3 QRT requirements
- Good understanding of current statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
- Problem solver with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter, able to lead on development of new processes
- Ability to translate the agreed reporting framework and technical requirements into practical application to the business and provide solutions to the practical problems
- Stakeholder and team management - ability to influence peers and senior management and building strong relationship within the team and outside
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and work towards tight deadlines
- Ability to review large quantities of technical data within short period of time, analyse it and provide a succinct summary
- Ability to create and deliver clear and concise written documentation or reports
- Ability to take existing processes and improve/ simplify
- Open, actively seek to discuss issues and share information
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.