Account Director, Banks
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- Home based
- Closing Date
- Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
- Job Duties
- Management and development of bank distribution in line with objectives.
- Leadership across the L&G Insurance business line to drive the required outcomes for bank distribution and L&G.
- Achievement of targets as set by the Director, BBSD.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the retail banking market and interactions with wider business units within L&G.
- Ability to influence and drive sales, revenue, profit and development strategies.
- Comprehensive understanding of L&G Protection and GI products, as well as other L&G propositions including Mortgage Club, LGIM, LGSS and L&G Home Finance and Treasury.
- Sit on and act within the BBSD management team, influencing and driving business direction and strategy for Insurance sales.
- Ensure all aspects of treating customers fairly are adhered to and that the customer is always at the forefront of activities.
- Skills Required
- Strategic thinker with exceptional business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – evaluate and execute business ideas.
- Adaptable – ability to adjust to fit Partner cultures.
- Numerate and analytical – able to logically challenge.
- Organised and reliable - on time with documents and reviews.
- Team worker - respects personal and channel objectives,works with a collaborative approach.
- Assertive and resilient under challenge.
- Distribution intuition - knows what questions to ask and when.
- Strong awareness of technology and its applications to banking and insurance.
- Market awareness - operating models, trends and shifts.
- Commercial awareness - correctness of terms, contracts and packages.
- A good understanding of the full range of L&G products and distribution channels, or the ability to acquire this knowledge quickly.
- Experience managing third party relationships at CEO and MD level preferably gained within the banking arena, and/or with affinity partners.
- Creative approach, with track record of having identified and delivered outcomes which have resulted in growth and increased profitability.
- Previous experience of leading a sales team.
- Degree or MBA preferable.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.