GI Customer Complaints Administrator
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Role Type
- £17,200 - £27,400
- Closing Date
- Company Info
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that’s important to you is protected. With over 180 years’ experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
- Job Duties
To effectively manage the throughput of work to ensure that cases are completed in a timely manner and to fulfil our responsibilities for delivery of customer outcomes. To include the accurate and efficient uploading of complaint records on to the complaints database and other supporting work allocation spreadsheets / databases.
To provide an excellent customer experience by case receipting all incoming work onto the relevant work flow management tools in an accurate and timely fashion. Ensuring all work is allocated to the correct team, individual and any priority work is handed off so that it can be completed within the agreed regulatory and service level requirements. Accurately updating policy and claims system records and other records as and when these need to be completed.
To assist with data cleansing and manage / action complaint exceptions within the team to ensure these are updated in a timely manner to allow for accurate and efficient reporting.
To analyse and report key trends and issues with regards complaint escalation / contact to the complaints team, providing informal feedback to Operational colleagues and management as required.
To manage team mailbox, filtering out and responding to emails. Logging all new incoming supplier and partner complaints on to the complaints database. Assist with the production of summary resolution correspondence and 5 day acknowledgment letters.
Provide support with complaint investigations, processing of settlement payments and file closures. During times of increased complaint demand, investigate and resolve your own allocated portfolio of complaints in accordance with Legal & General’s complaint handling principles and the Industry regulatory requirements.
To offer support and assistance where necessary to other members of the department / Operational areas, thereby contributing to a highly motivated, enthusiastic and efficient team ethos.
To efficiently manage the stationery stock in order to maintain an adequate supply for the department within budgetary scope.
To ensure that all work received and undertaken within the team i.e. postal complaints, FOS file requests and Subject Access Requests are processed or promptly handed off / redirected to the relevant area within the agreed Service Level Agreements and by doing this ensuring that all regulatory and contractual agreements are met.
Adhere to all TCF principles pertaining to the role (as per attached TCF Accountabilities Listing – grades 1 - 6).
- Skills Required
- Time Management
- Deadlines on specific tasks met.
- Escalating issues when work will fall out of service.
- Comply with adherence or exception activity as per schedule.
- Keyboard Skills
- Ability to accurately and efficiently use PC applications.
- Able to input information accurately and correctly into a relevant system.
- Problem Solving (decision making and judgement)
- Identify problems and take action or make suggestions to rectify / improve.
- Shows confidence in taking decisions within own authority.
- Escalate issues to Team Manager’s where appropriate.
- Ability to keep cheerful during busy periods and encourages others.
- Actively demonstrates how to raise morale in the team.
- Is supportive to colleagues.
- Handling Change
- React to change positively and encourages others.
- Remain calm and focussed through the change.
- Communication and Influencing
- Explain supportively and / or professionally with persuasion, the decision or way forward to reach an agreed outcome.
- Active listening when interacting with customers.
- Clear effective communication and adapts to varying circumstances whilst remaining professional.
- Ability to challenge decisions and current processes.
- Offers alternatives to problems / issues to arrive at a satisfactory conclusion for all.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days’ (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information, please contact Ruth Prosser, email@example.com