Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Product Manager - Asset Management
13 October 2023
The Product Management team is a sub-team of Product, responsible for all aspects of product lifecycle management in relation to LGIM’s funds and products. Their purpose is to deliver and manage a client-centric offering, enable achievement of LGIM’s overall commercial strategy, and to ensure LGIM’s product activity is in line with regulatory standards and LGIM’s Product Process.
As Senior Product Manager will be responsible for driving and developing the Product Management component of the LGIM integrated global product platform, ensuring that each LGIM product delivers positively throughout its lifecycle for the customer, as an investment proposition and both operationally and commercially. To act as subject matter expert on one or two fund structures with funds distributed in Asia and to coordinate all fund activity in respect of these fund structures, including closures and fund amendments.
In this role, there is an expectation that the individual will present at product governance committees, LGIM committees and LGIM or fund boards from time to time.
- Product Management -Deliver and continue to develop LGIM’s Product Management process
- Product Change - Manage required product changes (for example mergers, name changes, investment object changes) and doing so in line with LGIM’s Product Process
- Regulatory Documentation – Manage and ensure the development of regulatory documentation and communications, ensuring that all regulatory requirements are accurately incorporated, prospectus changes are delivered, and governance oversight is provided for KIIDs
- Product Reviews – Manage required product risk, fund and thematic reviews, ensuring these are completed in line with LGIM’s Product Process and with due regard to product lifecycle management to bring an effective implementation.
- Customer Insight – Manage the delivery and continued development of the target market and appropriateness requirements of LGIM’s Product Management process
- Product Technical Support – Provide product technical support and guidance, to include regulatory and tax on both an on-going and project basis so that LGIM manages existing products to meet the needs of customers.
- Operational Support – Ensure all relevant operational areas are both involved in decision making processes around Product Management and also informed of changes that will affect their own and Product’s effectiveness in terms of product lifecycle management delivering clear and fair customer communications and service
- Business Relationships – Build and manage key relationships with internal and external customers
- Regulatory and Product Knowledge – Maintain appropriate knowledge of the regulations surrounding products in scope and how these apply to product literature, marketing and advertising, keeping abreast of changes and developments and ensuring that the wider business is made aware of these as appropriate, discussing relevant topics with senior audiences in an informed manner.
- A strong track record of delivery in a product management environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of the asset management industry including investor types, distributional channels, the competitor landscape, and a comprehensive technical knowledge of investment products is essential
- Previous experience in managing customer research and insight for inclusion in a product development and lifecycle process
- Previous experience in establishing, registering, operating or amending pooled funds in a variety of fund domiciles and jurisdictions
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of pooled product structures including UCITS and non-UCITS structures across a range of domiciles predominantly Ireland & Luxembourg.
- Good knowledge of fund distribution in Asia (Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan)
- Excellent working knowledge of product life cycles and the role of product management and governance within that cycle
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to negotiate at a senior level, both internally and externally, and to successfully chair meetings with senior stakeholders present
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to articulate and convey concepts and ideas to a very senior audience in a clear and compelling manner and to represent LGIM at relevant conferences, forums or through other communications
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
The world of investment is changing. Our vision at Legal & General Investment Management is to create a better, more sustainable future through responsible investing. We work in partnership with our clients around the globe to deliver positive long-term outcomes, while rising to the challenges of a rapidly changing world. Our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. To meet our clients’ complex and evolving investment needs, our investment strategies cover a broad array of asset classes and styles, including equities, bonds, property and alternatives, as well as multi-asset funds. We’re focused on continuously innovating our investment products, maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes, and striving to build a more responsible and sustainable future.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact Lauren Ashworth at email@example.com (LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/lauren-a-534a8538/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.