Find your next role at Legal & General
Accounting Supervisor - 12 month fixed term contract
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
28 September 2023
The job holder will have primary management accounting and financial reporting responsibility for a range of property accounting activities. This will involve accounting for all financial transactions required to prepare fund valuations and providing first drafts of annual statutory accounts. The role will require a strong technical knowledge and an ability to apply this knowledge on a practical basis.
The role requires liaison with members of the senior management team, managing agents, asset management and external advisors and supervision of staff. As part of this role, the fund accountant will also be required to provide support to the department
- Maintenance and control of primary accounting records;
- Supervision of Fund Accountants
- Preparation of NAV statements and investor reporting packs
- Assisting with preparation of annual statutory accounts in line appropriate accounting standards
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaising with external lawyers, auditors, Business Partners and assisting with Investor requests
- Production of property fund data
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Ensuring all reporting deadlines are met
- Cash management including arranging payments, managing investor drawdowns and monitoring liquidity
- Ensuring adequate finance procedures are in place and implementing improved procedures where necessary
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory standards
- Support to fund and asset managers with any valuation and accounting queries. Liaising with managing agents, auditors, lawyers and trustees
- Academic Qualifications: Degree or equivalent experience is preferred;
- Professional: Qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or equivalent experience is preferred
- Strong property investment industry and fund accounting knowledge and experience is preferred
- Experience of team supervision and management
- Specialist knowledge / skills
- IFRS knowledge
- Excel intermediate
- Experience with accounting for VAT, property taxes
- Strategic and focused approach to delivery and continuous improvement
- Collaborative and personalised approach to service commitment
- Evidence of effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast paced and changeable environment
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work as part of team
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to interpret financial data quickly and accurately
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
The world of investment is changing. Our vision at Legal & General Investment Management is to create a better, more sustainable future through responsible investing. We work in partnership with our clients around the globe to deliver positive long-term outcomes, while rising to the challenges of a rapidly changing world. Our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. To meet our clients’ complex and evolving investment needs, our investment strategies cover a broad array of asset classes and styles, including equities, bonds, property and alternatives, as well as multi-asset funds. We’re focused on continuously innovating our investment products, maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes, and striving to build a more responsible and sustainable future.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more,please contact Craig Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.