Find your next role at Legal & General
Fund Manager Support - Investment Strategy Management - FTC
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
22 September 2023
We're hiring for a Fund Manager assistant to join our Investment Strategy Management (ISM) team to support our continued growth plans. You'll be responsible for supporting and co-ordinating a number of specific projects to assist FM’s with primary focus on MI, powerpoint slides and data cleansing.
- KPI and MI preparation – assisting in developing financial and non-financial measures of business performance for evaluation and control of projects and investments.
- Preparing and designing team powerpoint slides to assist with marketing a new team structure to internal stakeholders.
- Data cleansing of various key fund and asset characteristics essential to the management of funds and preparation for a new fund management system.
- Providing support on various in-house fund management tools that assist Portfolio Managers in the management of funds. These tools include spreadsheets and other VBA-based programs.
- Managing simple portfolio’s, maintaining the asset allocation in line with established procedures, and monitoring of investment tolerances by placing instructions to trade regulated products, cash management and calculating and implementing share class hedging.
- Assisting with client-servicing, including helping to respond to client requests and helping prepare materials for client presentations and define optimal implementation plans for client instructions.
- Producing various reports, estimated trade costings, fund holding and performance commentary, at a regular basis.
- Evaluating and improving existing processes to help ensure the operational model remains effective and efficient as our business continues to grow and change to increase productivity and reduce risk.
- Experience of managing projects
- Experience of working effectively within a team
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- High level of numeracy and experience with large datasets
- Computer literacy, excellent excel and powerpoint skills
- Strong multi-tasker
- Excellent attention to detail
- Possess a positive ‘get the job done’ attitude
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
The world of investment is changing. Our vision at Legal & General Investment Management is to create a better, more sustainable future through responsible investing. We work in partnership with our clients around the globe to deliver positive long-term outcomes, while rising to the challenges of a rapidly changing world. Our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. To meet our clients’ complex and evolving investment needs, our investment strategies cover a broad array of asset classes and styles, including equities, bonds, property and alternatives, as well as multi-asset funds. We’re focused on continuously innovating our investment products, maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes, and striving to build a more responsible and sustainable future.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact Callum Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/callum-miles-33b869b9/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.