Find your next role at Legal & General
Head of Performance – Equity, ISM and Reporting
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
23 September 2023
The four pillars of our strategy with Performance & Attribution are:
- To be a highly respected and fully independent team of professionals providing performance analytic services to our customers
- Strive for customer excellence and strong advocacy scores by building strong trusted relationships and helping them achieve their goals
- Build a scalable global operating model capable of meeting the firm’s growth ambitions whilst recognising local requirements
- Foster a team culture which is fully inclusive and strives for excellence by being “the best version of ourselves”
To help us achieve these goals we are working with our key partners (State Street and Factset) to build out a new global operating model. This will not only standardise our services globally but move us to a position where performance & attribution is available across all funds daily. In addition to this we will be fully embracing LGIM’s data strategy and the use of Marketplace (CDP).
Sitting within the performance and Attribution function, this role will help define, build and deliver an end-to-end service across all equity funds and PMC Client Policies. The team will also be responsible for all board reporting and GIPS reporting, ensuring that LGIM remains compliant with the GIPS and FMPS standards. This will involve building strong relationships with the heads of desks and their teams to understand their requirements and engaging with the STOM programme to ensure all inputs around capability and solution design are being considered and delivered. Additionally, this role requires managing and establishing relationships with various areas including Distribution, Investment Specialists, Client Service Operations and project leads to ensure the team service meets the requirements of our clients (both internally and externally).
With people management responsibilities, the person performing this role is expected to take accountability for the analysts, identify their areas for development, coach, motivate and implement change.
- Responsible for accurate and timely delivery of performance and attribution figures for Equity Funds and discretionary PMC client policies
- Board reporting and input into the messaging around investment performance as part of the group’s results
- Compliance with the GIPS and FMPS standards
- Shaping out a service for our customers which meets their requirements and is truly global
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders around the business
- Driving a top-class service from our external partners (State Street and Factset) and ensuring a “fit for purpose” oversight model is developed and maintained
- Responsible for managing a team of analysts with different levels of experience; taking resourcing and processes decisions
- On-going maintenance and improvement of the performance measurement and attribution process and service offering with focus on standardisation and efficiencies. Drive the on-going review of processes and change to optimise reporting and maximise efficiencies in line with the evolving business needs
- Active role in team and firm wide projects particularly under companywide programs
- Actively participate in meetings with Product Development, Client Reporting, Fund Managers and Investment Specialists to ensure timely and smooth on-boarding of funds or enhancement of service
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place for all functions within the team
- Work closely with the Data Management Office, Investment Operations and IT to effectively resolve system and data issues.
- Maintain a good understanding of third party and in-house systems and solutions
- Take an interest in the wider Performance and Risk teams by contributing to the efficient day-to-day management, leadership and continuous improvement of the function
- Extensive performance measurement and attribution experience
- Strong leadership qualities capable of shaping the future of the department and getting the best out of our staff
- Proven track record of delivering change
- Excellent understanding of the Investment Management industry: markets, strategies, best practice and different attribution breakdowns
- A degree, preferably in a numerical subject, or an appropriate professional level qualification
- Excellent communication and influencing skills across all levels within the firm and with clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - including verbal and written communication skills.
- Organised and structured approach
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Ability to work under time pressure and focus on multiple priorities.
- Strong work ethics
- Able to set pace and high standards for team.
- Proactive and fluid approach to change
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
The world of investment is changing. Our vision at Legal & General Investment Management is to create a better, more sustainable future through responsible investing. We work in partnership with our clients around the globe to deliver positive long-term outcomes, while rising to the challenges of a rapidly changing world. Our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. To meet our clients’ complex and evolving investment needs, our investment strategies cover a broad array of asset classes and styles, including equities, bonds, property and alternatives, as well as multi-asset funds. We’re focused on continuously innovating our investment products, maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes, and striving to build a more responsible and sustainable future.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact Callum Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/callum-miles-33b869b9/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.