Find your next role at Legal & General
Lead Strategic Supplier Relationship Manager
London (Hybrid) - Cardiff considered
Competitive base salary + bonus
11 October 2023
Would you like the opportunity to take ownership of an important strategic relationship in one of Europe’s largest asset managers and a major global investor?
If you are an expert in managing key relationships in an asset management firm, and have extensive experience of Outsourcing Governance, Compliance and Oversight management, then this is fantastic opportunity to join the LGIM business as a Lead Strategic Relationship Manager.
In this exciting role you’ll manage a strategic outsourcer and ensure the right level of strategic supplier oversight and governance is in place for a new relationship in accordance with Group Procurement & Supplier Management Policy and LGIM Supplier Relationship Management Playbook.
Working alongside LGIM stakeholders in Middle and Back Office Service Management, Operations, Compliance, IT, Operational Resilience, and other business globally you will be responsible for maintaining professional relationships at various levels, as well as being key in identifying and reporting key strategic supplier oversight metrics whilst ensuring regular due diligence activities are scheduled and completed on time.
This is fantastic opportunity for you to work closely with the Global Head of Strategic Supplier Oversight to explore how to best evolve this key strategic relationship. The role is full of opportunity for you to develop and progress, and you’ll be given the account ownership and autonomy needed to really make an impact.
Strategic Supplier Relationship Management
- Manage and lead commercial relationship with the key outsourcer to ensure contract compliance including performance against SLA’s, delivery of outcomes and realisation of benefits.
- Support Middle and Back Office Oversight teams in managing the services, act as an escalation point for material issues and ensure the oversight at a relationship level compliments the operational oversight.
- Ensure that the supplier is categorized correctly and complete ongoing milestones / due diligence activities to demonstrate and evidence adherence to the L&G Supplier management policy and framework
- Manage and maintain contract, including an annual review, to ensure it is up to date and reflects the current services.
- Ensure meeting governance structure is adhered to and that all meetings at all levels are arranged and take place, with the correct stakeholders, artefacts and are formally evidenced.
- Experience of managing overall change governance.
- Complete and maintain exit strategy and plan.
- Work with IT and Operational Resilience teams to complete, at least, annual due diligence reviews
- Complete annual supplier assurance review alongside internal stakeholders.
- Work with other LGIM regions to ensure that a consistent level of oversight is being maintained to gain a holistic view of the relationship
- Track ongoing risks and issues and ensure that they are treated with the correct degree of urgency
- Track expenditure for supplier and maintain an ongoing commercial view of the relationship.
- Implement and manage supplier management controls and governance in the context of the relevant policies and risk and regulatory framework supply base.
- Actively seek ways to reduce cost and risk and improve performance and value
- Driving value and identifying efficiencies during the term of the contract
- Building a strategic relationship and managing senior management expectations
Policy & Playbook Standards
- Adherence to FCA/PRA/Other Regulators guidelines on Outsourcing and third parties incl. 4th and 5th parties
- Engage and collaborate with relevant functional areas to agree and maintain timetables for specific reviews such as Operational Resiliency; Information Security; Conduct Risk; Other relevant areas
- Timely production and inputs into Supplier Management Committee papers
- Ensure the Head of Strategic Supplier Oversight is kept informed of progress and issues
- Collaborating and maintaining effective dialogue with GSSO in relation to monitoring issues, reporting, and escalating overdue activities
- Thorough review and interpretation of supplier management guidelines
- Focus on suppliers with multiple client impact
- Development of key stakeholder working relationships
- Knowledge of investment/asset management type suppliers.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to be an expert in relationship management, with the resilience, drive, and network, to successful manage senior internal and external stakeholders. As we continue to go through exciting transformation, you’ll need to enjoy working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment, being adaptable, forward thinking, and growth minded.
Here’s some of the experience that we’d love to see:
- Extensive experience working in Asset Management managing key strategic partnerships.
- Relevant experience of Supplier Governance, Compliance and Oversight management
- Good experience and expertise with relevant systems i.e., Charles River or similar.
- A solid understanding of the supplier management process.
- Experience in manging the overall programme of change requests
- Strong Knowledge of investment/asset management type outsourcers and suppliers including Middle and back-office outsourcing, Front Office technology, investment compliance, regulatory reporting, and valuations services
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
The world of investment is changing. Our vision at Legal & General Investment Management is to create a better, more sustainable future through responsible investing. We work in partnership with our clients around the globe to deliver positive long-term outcomes, while rising to the challenges of a rapidly changing world. Our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. To meet our clients’ complex and evolving investment needs, our investment strategies cover a broad array of asset classes and styles, including equities, bonds, property and alternatives, as well as multi-asset funds. We’re focused on continuously innovating our investment products, maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes, and striving to build a more responsible and sustainable future.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more ,please contact Alex Adams at email@example.com (https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-adams-29b595a3/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.