Find your next role at Legal & General
AWS Platform Site Reliability Engineer
6 October 2023
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest global investment management firms. Legal & General Investment Management is currently on a digital transformation journey and requires a talented individual to join our Global Support team.
As an SRE Engineer, you will be joining a motivated team of professionals working to support platforms and applications across all areas of the firm’s global cloud technology stack. You will have the opportunity to apply your experience in advancing the firm’s capabilities, resulting in increased business value in technology delivery.
Some weekend and out of hours on call is required
- Supporting applications running on the Production AWS accounts
- Troubleshooting production platform and application issues at the AWS layer
- Managing BAU requests e.g. S3 Bucket management, access management, platform capacity increases
- Process and automation optimisation
- Deploying new production application instances onto LGIM Serverless platforms e.g. AWS Fargate ECS, OpenShift ROSA Kubernetes Platform, Domino Kubernetes platform and Cloudera Data platform
- Completing regular patching and maintenance of LGIM serverless platforms e.g. AWS Fargate ECS, OpenShift ROSA Kubernetes Platform, Domino Kubernetes platform and Cloudera Data platform
- Previous AWS Platform Engineering \ support experience this would ideally be in a financial services firm, or similarly regulated industry
- In depth understanding of container orchestration Kubernetes environments
- In depth of knowledge in AWS IAM, compute, serverless, storage, and networking services
- Practical knowledge of API and container deployment patterns
- Experience of production Release and ITIL change Service Now management processes
- Experience of implementing and working in an infrastructure-as-code management framework; Terraform via Jenkins preferred
- Experience of monitoring, logging, cost management and container image management
- Someone with a good understanding of DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, networking and security
- Someone with experience of scripting languages such as Bash or Python.
- Self-motivated and proactive individual motivated to enhance the quality of support and service
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
The world of investment is changing. Our vision at Legal & General Investment Management is to create a better, more sustainable future through responsible investing. We work in partnership with our clients around the globe to deliver positive long-term outcomes, while rising to the challenges of a rapidly changing world. Our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. To meet our clients’ complex and evolving investment needs, our investment strategies cover a broad array of asset classes and styles, including equities, bonds, property and alternatives, as well as multi-asset funds. We’re focused on continuously innovating our investment products, maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes, and striving to build a more responsible and sustainable future.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact Loren Roots at email@example.com (https://www.linkedin.com/in/loren-roots/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.