Find your next role at Legal & General
Global ESG Analyst
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
8 July 2023
An exciting opportunity to sit at the heart of LGIM’s award-winning Investment Stewardship team, bringing meaningful change by improving sustainability characteristics in companies and raising global markets standards.
The successful ESG Analyst will join our Investment Stewardship team, working in collaboration with the Investment Research and Climate Solutions teams. In this multi-faceted role you will carry out engagement with companies with companies to influence and drive improvements in a company’s approach to ESG – with a particular focus on climate transition.
You will work in close collaboration alongside the Active Investment teams to integrate Stewardship policies into the investment process, develop engagement plans, identifying and engaging with other relevant stakeholders, undertake qualitative and quantitative research and will be responsible for producing related documentations, communications and recordkeeping for use in client reporting.
You will use your passion for ESG matters and your excellent written and verbal communication skills to enthuse and influence a range of stakeholders . The ability to review research, data, analyse and make recommendations to a range of stakeholders is a central aspect of the role. The role would suit an enthusiastic self-starter who thrives working as part of a broader team and fostering positive relationships.
- Undertaking engagement with companies and other stakeholders on material ESG matters in accordance with LGIM’s Stewardship strategy
- Supporting the Investment Stewardship team in developing and running thematic Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) engagement campaigns
- Developing engagement agendas and plans for specified companies, utilising LGIM’s stewardship policies, in collaboration with LGIM’s Active investment teams.
- Representing Investment Stewardship at LGIM’s Global Research and Engagement Groups.
- Carrying out ESG and climate/environmental related research to support integration and engagement activities.
- Supporting the investment teams in understanding and integrating ESG considerations and LGIM’s Stewardship policies into sector and company research. This will include undertaking regular presentations and building strong relationships with the active investment portfolio managers and analysts.
- Writing and contributing to external thought pieces, blogs, policies and reports on climate/environmental and broader ESG topics.
- Supporting client engagement by representing the Investment Stewardship team’s approach and activities in client meetings
- Supporting client understanding through the development of client collateral, responding to client requests and proposals as required
- Excellent knowledge of responsible investment best practices and broader ESG trends
- Broad awareness of the asset management industry and the different challenges ESG poses for different client channels would be advantageous
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of climate and environmental factors relevant to investors
- Advanced Excel skills, with experience using across different projects.
- Experience with investment data would be advantageous
- Experience of undertaking successful engagement with C-suite level
- Experience of working alongside senior portfolio managers and analysts
- Experience conducting research on companies on environmental/ESG topics
- Confident and capable communication and presentation skills – with experience presenting in a professional context.
- Capable of explaining complex subject matter clearly
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
The world of investment is changing. Our vision at Legal & General Investment Management is to create a better, more sustainable future through responsible investing. We work in partnership with our clients around the globe to deliver positive long-term outcomes, while rising to the challenges of a rapidly changing world. Our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. To meet our clients’ complex and evolving investment needs, our investment strategies cover a broad array of asset classes and styles, including equities, bonds, property and alternatives, as well as multi-asset funds. We’re focused on continuously innovating our investment products, maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes, and striving to build a more responsible and sustainable future.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact Callum Miles at email@example.com ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/callum-miles-33b869b9/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.