Find your next role at Legal & General
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
22 September 2023
Following the growth of the private credit platform, the need for an additional solicitor within the LGIM Real Assets legal team has arisen. The successful candidate would support the private credit commercial team across its 4 main asset classes (infrastructure debt, private corporate debt, alternative finance and real estate finance), with a particular focus on alternative finance and structured products. They would also provide legal assistance and exert influence and persuasion to manage legal risk on a wide range of legal and regulatory issues that may affect the business of LGIM Real Assets’ companies.
- You will be providing financing legal advice to the LGIM (Legal and General Investment Management) Real Assets business heads (and their respective teams) specifically within private credit. The role may also include reporting to relevant boards, monitoring legal developments and other events which are likely to have legal implications for the LGIM Real Assets business and assist in developing strategies for Private Credit
- You will be providing legal advice and transaction management assistance to LGIM Real Assets
- Have experience of structured finance products (Swap Repacks, Asset Backed Finance, Insurance Wrapped Securities, CLO’s etc) and some experience of Trade receivables and derivative products would be advantageous
- You will assist with the structuring of unsecured and secured debt finance transactions
- You will assist with the development of internal procedures and policies for: (i) transactions including during execution phase, (ii) on-going portfolio management of completed deals, and (iii) if required restructuring and/or acceleration and enforcement of assets
- You will be working closely with our legal colleagues in Group Legal to ensure oversight and highlighting of risks for private credit asset opportunities
- You will be working closely with our Portfolio Management Team in ensuring that assets are eligible for clients’ mandates both at the point of origination and during the respective asset’s life
- You will be working closely with our Asset Management Team in assisting with ensuring that private credit assets remain in rude health during the respective asset’s life
- You will ensure LGIM Real Assets’ compliance with all internal policies and relevant contractual and fiduciary responsibilities, including to counterparties and other stakeholders
- You will provide general legal support and advice to members of the private credit team on legal matters; raise awareness/flagging of key issues
- You will assist with management of LGIM Real Assets’ external legal panel of advisers
- You will support senior business heads on business initiatives e.g. ESG, Sustainability, Public Partnerships, and Internationalisation
- England & Wales qualified solicitor (or a solicitor or attorney qualified in another jurisdiction)
- 2-5 years experience advising companies on structured finance products
- Experience in providing legal and transactional support to a UK Portfolio Management team and investment teams
- Experience of reviewing and negotiating structured finance products (Swap Repacks, Asset Backed Finance, Insurance Wrapped Securities, CLO’s etc) and some experience of Trade receivables and derivative products would be advantageous Experience of reviewing and negotiating financing documents including Facility Agreements, Note Purchase Agreements, common platform agreements (Common Terms Agreements, Security trust and Intercreditor Deeds etc.) Intercreditor Agreements and Security Agreements.
- A good understanding of investment structures and dynamics
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
The world of investment is changing. Our vision at Legal & General Investment Management is to create a better, more sustainable future through responsible investing. We work in partnership with our clients around the globe to deliver positive long-term outcomes, while rising to the challenges of a rapidly changing world. Our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. To meet our clients’ complex and evolving investment needs, our investment strategies cover a broad array of asset classes and styles, including equities, bonds, property and alternatives, as well as multi-asset funds. We’re focused on continuously innovating our investment products, maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes, and striving to build a more responsible and sustainable future.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more,please contact Craig Cooper firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.