Find your next role at Legal & General
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
10 April 2023
LGIM are seeking a team orientated individual who is self-motivated with an innovative mind, good communication skills and imagination to join the UK Residential Platform. The successful candidate will manage and maximise the performance of a portfolio of allocated BTR assets, applying innovative & creative ideas to add value.
LGIM are seeking a candidate who can further enhance our Residential capabilities, who will be creative and innovative in continually looking to improve the service offer tour residents whilst maximising long term investor value. The role involves being a part of a proactive, specialist team and is an exciting opportunity for the candidate to take a key role in developing our Residential business.
- Collect, analyse and review customer activities to understand occupier trends and identify ways to improve our offer to residents through asset design and service delivery
- Assist in the preparation of the Asset Business Plans, both at initial site acquisition and through the hold period.
- Support the transactions team to research and underwrite potential acquisitions
- Carry out a range of activities & projects to enhance the sustainability of assets and achieve agreed sustainability objectives & science-based targets
- Identify and execute value add opportunities across assets to maximise the performance of each asset
- Improve the L&G BTR Operational Guide, supporting in establishing market leading best practice.
- Work closely on a daily basis with our Property Management partners within each scheme
- Lead on the identification and capture of operational data to inform our understanding of investment performance and occupier demographic
- Liaise with the Fund’s valuers
- Assist in the Fund reporting both internally and externally
- Develop and maintain good contacts with key advisors
- Real estate experience. Whilst not necessarily coming from an asset management role, it is anticipated that the successful candidate will demonstrate a strong awareness of this function, together with a solid investment acumen and an energetic approach
- A track record of experience within the residential/hospitality sector is preferred for this role.
- An ability to challenge, innovate and create. As a new sector the candidate must be willing to share their views openly
- To identifying and implementing ways to improve our current approach to BTR investment and operation.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise effectively
- A team player and a good communicator
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
The world of investment is changing. Our vision at Legal & General Investment Management is to create a better, more sustainable future through responsible investing. We work in partnership with our clients around the globe to deliver positive long-term outcomes, while rising to the challenges of a rapidly changing world. Our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. To meet our clients’ complex and evolving investment needs, our investment strategies cover a broad array of asset classes and styles, including equities, bonds, property and alternatives, as well as multi-asset funds. We’re focused on continuously innovating our investment products, maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes, and striving to build a more responsible and sustainable future.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact Lauren Ashworth at firstname.lastname@example.org (LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/lauren-a-534a8538/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.