Find your next role at Legal & General
Responsible Investment Strategist
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
31 October 2022
The Responsible Investment Strategist role was created to support thought leadership and communications efforts of the Responsible Investment Strategy team within Investments, in order to position LGIM Investments at the forefront of responsible investing across the spectrum of client objectives, ranging from integration to sustainable investments.
- Coordinating investment input into LGIM’s top-down sustainability agenda by collaborating with subject matter experts across LGIM to identify sustainability themes most important to LGIM’s clients.
- Conducting research and identifying information and data gaps at strategic level to address sustainability themes.
- Driving the agenda and content for the ESG macro discussions with Investment teams and incorporating these themes into investment process, methodologies and product innovation.
- Developing, coordinating and reviewing content for all communication materials that reflect how LGIM approach Responsible Investment.
- Supporting communications to improve commercial positioning of LGIM in key markets, including Europe.
- Developing, coordinating and reviewing content and market intelligence that promotes LGIM’s Responsible Investments strategy and proposition.
- Ascertaining LGIM’s competitive positioning vis-à-vis broader industry and key peers, on our responsible investment approach, marketing/brand, product offering in key markets including Europe.
- Working with Distribution to develop and implement commercial strategy for Net Zero and other sustainability priorities, particularly in Europe.
- Experience and interest in sustainability preferred.
- Prior experience working with investment strategies.
- Familiarity with European investor markets preferred.
- Sophisticated in communications and building narrative.
- Experience or interest in research and analytical projects.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
The world of investment is changing. Our vision at Legal & General Investment Management is to create a better, more sustainable future through responsible investing. We work in partnership with our clients around the globe to deliver positive long-term outcomes, while rising to the challenges of a rapidly changing world. Our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. To meet our clients’ complex and evolving investment needs, our investment strategies cover a broad array of asset classes and styles, including equities, bonds, property and alternatives, as well as multi-asset funds. We’re focused on continuously innovating our investment products, maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes, and striving to build a more responsible and sustainable future.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact Callum Miles at email@example.com ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/callum-miles-33b869b9/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.