Find your next role at Legal & General
Director – Ratings & Capital Structure Advisory
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
25 November 2022
A newly created opportunity to join Legal and General Capital, Director - Ratings & Capital Structure Advisor. In this role you would be responsible for facilitating asset and debt origination backing LGAS medium to long term Strategic Asset Allocation objectives and PRT business. This will involve responsibility for conducting fundamental credit research, providing rating and capital structure advisory to the new asset origination team and assist shaping and developing our internal rating criteria for the sectors of particular interest.
- Conduct fundamental credit and sector research incorporating ESG factors as a driver of credit worthiness into its analysis, with a prime responsibility to support the new asset and debt origination team(s) supporting LGAS medium to long term strategic asset allocation objectives.
- Assist in devising and scrutinizing existing rating frameworks in sectors which LGR consider considers as strategic. This will include but not limited to particular emphasis on global real estate (residential and commercial), digital infrastructure, and clean energy sectors. A willingness to expand the scope to structured credit [for e.g. CLO’s] would also be required.
- The candidate would possess the skills for frequent contact with senior management representatives from an analytical, due diligence and relationship management perspective and hence possess previous experience to live execution environments as advantageous
- Produce analysis of rated peers, production of rating criteria and credit specific contents to present to various internal stakeholders and work in close collaboration with cross divisional teams in the LGC’s investment and structuring asset origination, LGR Credit Strategy, Risk and LGIM internal rating teams(s).
- Ensure that all business processes and internal controls within your role are designed and performed in a way that delivers good customer outcomes and demonstrates effective management of Conduct Risk
- Significant knowledge of fixed Income and Credit, with experience/ good working knowledge of alternative asset classes including but not limited to property and infrastructure.
- Experience in credit analysis and criteria development skills ideally with focus on project finance.
- Previous experience to live execution environments is highly advantageous, combined with excellent financial modelling and presentation production skills.
- Ability to influence others including senior management is key especially when there isn’t an immediately obvious answer. Ability and willingness to think creatively around problem solving.
- A high level with Excel and power point is essential to complement core fundamentals credit research skills.
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial focused and hard working
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 30 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Humanity is facing fundamental challenges, with the future of our planet hanging in the balance. As the principal investment arm of the Legal & General Group, our aim at Legal & General Capital is to generate long-term shareholder value, while helping build a better society. We seek opportunities to invest in sectors most in need of investment and innovation, such as residential housing, large-scale urban regeneration and future cities. We’re backing investment in infrastructure and clean energy, and in start-up businesses to drive innovation and growth across the UK. We’re building partnerships between the public sector and institutional investors to accelerate housing delivery, create jobs, support local businesses and transform communities. This helps to create new asset classes for Legal & General’s varied investment requirements, our partners and the wider marketplace.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact Lauren Ashworth at firstname.lastname@example.org (LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/lauren-a-534a8538/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.