Find your next role at Legal & General
Automation Test Lead
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
£60,000 - £75,000
7 November 2022
Were looking for someone to join us as the Test Automation Lead. In this role you'll be responsible for developing, configuring and executing automated tests, as well as managing and maintaining the test automation framework. You'll help define coding standards and working practices, ensuring that automation tests are written to the required standard and are aligned to the overall test automation strategy.
Reporting into the Test Manager you will be tasked with delivering test automation for a diverse range of projects and systems, working closely with other test and development professionals, as well as SMEs from the wider business.
In this role you'll serve as a champion for the discipline, ensuring that test automation is utilised effectively to reduce delivery timescales and safeguard software quality, aligned to DevOps practices where possible.
- Accountable for delivering test automation tasks for multiple concurrent work-streams, adhering to defined standards and aligned to the test automation strategy. And responsible for ensuring the automation framework is functional and fit-for-purpose, with all software components kept up to date.
- Proactively collaborates with stakeholders at all levels, to ensure that automation tests are developed aligned to user stories and the appropriate test approach.
- Researches emerging trends and technologies in the test automation field, facilitating continuous improvement in the discipline and driving forward the test automation strategy.
- Provides clear, concise reporting for test automation progress, results and coverage, ensuring that Test Managers, Project Managers and other stakeholders are empowered with the required information.
- Coaches and mentors other test professionals in the area of test automation (technical and conceptual aspects), to develop their skills and expertise, and to enhance the capability of the automation discipline.
- Seeks opportunities to utilise test automation more effectively, to maximise the value offered by the discipline and to facilitate the application of DevOps and Agile practices.
- People management partnership accountabilities for jobholders who manage people: To manage the team in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, including the Partnership Agreement, so that the team’s business objectives are achieved consistently.
- ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst certification or equivalent experience
- You should have good knowledge of BDD, TDD, automation tool sets and different test processes and methodologies
- Good understanding of a variety of test analysis techniques and their implementation
- In order to succeed in this role, you will have a good understanding of the different drivers and needs of customers, distributors and partners as well as those of a Scrum Team
- Full understanding of a variety of test analysis techniques and their implementation
- Should have good knowledge of BDD, TDD, and automation tool sets and different test process and methodologies
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a test team, scrum team or project team
- Strong experience (at least 4 years) of test automation and automation strategy.
- Experience in automation tools like Selenium, Cucumber and Protractor, Winium for legacy applications, and continuous integration tools like Jenkins and GitHub.
- Experience in coaching/training and mentoring junior members of automation teams.
- Experience using Test Management tools to manage test execution and reporting specifically JIRA and XRay plugins.
- Experience of working as part of a QA/test team is essential
- Able to demonstrate supportive, communicative and collaborative approach to working in a team
- Previous automation team leadership, coaching or people management experience is desirable.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Life can sometimes be unpredictable, and it pays to plan ahead. Our aim at Legal & General Retail is to help our customers plan for the unexpected, achieve financial security for their tomorrow, and protect everything that’s important to them. To better understand our customers and meet their needs, we’ve brought our protection, retirement income, savings, lending and advice, fintech and mortgage businesses under one umbrella. Created at the start of 2022 through the merging of our long-standing and trusted retail retirement and insurance businesses, we’re a fast-growing division with big, customer-centered ambitions.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact Loren Roots at email@example.com (https://www.linkedin.com/in/loren-roots/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.