Find your next role at Legal & General
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
£60,000 - £75,000
29 September 2022
We are looking for some one to Join our team as a Test Manager.
In this role you'll be accountable for the test delivery for projects, including the provision and control of testing processes that is consistent to the Legal & General Test Policy and Strategy – thus ensuring the quality and efficiency of testing throughout the testing cycle.
You will help coach the team and stakeholders to improve the way they work and keep quality at the forefront of everything we do.
- Accountable for leading/ managing testing in a product or project development team (7-15 people with a £2 - 4m cost per year) using different techniques and tools. And overall accountability of all Test phases - FT, SIT, UAT, PAT, PEN/NFT. Ensuring target dates are planned and tracked
- Leading and providing effective communication to your team, the Head of Test and other senior stakeholders interested in your work to ensure effective decision making and integration.
- Coordinating manual and automated testing with other test teams and interested parties to help ensure the successful delivery of work into different governance and delivery models.
- Provide line-management, professional guidance, plan, and coordinate development and coaching for a team of 1-5 QA Team members, managing the team in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, including the Partnership Agreement, so that the team’s business objectives are achieved consistently.
- Understands the principles of Business Transformation and is able to translate these principles into business/people change activities and project outcomes
- Responsible for managing third party relationships ensuring that dependencies are identified and managed and deliverables are achieved, as defined in the project’s Test Approach and without incurring unnecessary cost or delay to the project. And implementing efficiencies or procedural change as required to the benefit of service.
- Treating Customers Fairly (TCF): Ensure that appropriate prioritising, planning and contingency for customer issues are integrated
- into solution designs so they are central to delivery and aligned to L&G’s Customer Experience and Treating Customers Fairly Policy
- People management partnership accountabilities for jobholders who manage people: To manage the team in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, including the Partnership Agreement, so that the team’s business objectives are achieved consistently.
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager or equivalent experience.
- An expert understanding of software testing, why it’s important, and how it fits into the software development process is essential. This will have been gained over at least 5 years
- An understanding of software development processes and frameworks is essential
- A strong understanding of how we can improve software quality before we start testing is essential
- An understanding of test automation techniques and tools is essential.
- An understanding of the different drivers and needs of customers, distributors and partners is desirable
- A wider interest in technology and how it can be used is desirable.
- Strong experience (at least 2 years) of test management and strategy
- Experience in leading test across multiple Development methodologies (V-Model, Agile, SAFe, Waterfall)
- Experience in both BAU and Project Test delivery
- Experience using Test Management tools to manage test execution and reporting specifically JIRA and XRay plugins.
- Experience of working as part of a QA/test team is essential
- Able to demonstrate supportive, communicative, and collaborative approach to working in a team
- Previous team leadership, coaching or people management experience is desirable.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Life can sometimes be unpredictable, and it pays to plan ahead. Our aim at Legal & General Retail is to help our customers plan for the unexpected, achieve financial security for their tomorrow, and protect everything that’s important to them. To better understand our customers and meet their needs, we’ve brought our protection, retirement income, savings, lending and advice, fintech and mortgage businesses under one umbrella. Created at the start of 2022 through the merging of our long-standing and trusted retail retirement and insurance businesses, we’re a fast-growing division with big, customer-centered ambitions.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact Loren Roots at firstname.lastname@example.org (https://www.linkedin.com/in/loren-roots/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.