Find your next role at Legal & General
Training & Development Consultant - Group Protection
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Up to £40,000
7 October 2022
Would you like to join an employer, who cares for its colleagues, and who is a force for good in society? If this sounds like you, then look no further! We’re recruiting for a Training Consultant to join our Claims Training and Development team in the Group Protection area. If you’d like to work for an employer who genuinely has their colleagues’ and customers’ best interests at heart, then come and join us at Legal & General.
Our opening hours are 0830-1730 Monday to Friday meaning you’ll have the weekends off to relax! We’re offering a starting salary of up to £40,000 dependant on your experience, plus bonus. This is a full-time role, working 35 hours a week. This opportunity will be based out of Hove and is a hybrid role with part of your time in the office and part from home.
In this role you’ll provide comprehensive quality training programmes for the Group Protection Claims area. You’ll ensure that set rules & regulations for products and processes are consistent with business areas strategy and philosophy.
- Supporting the development and delivery of comprehensive training programmes and processes to ensure that the quality and competency of staff is maintained, and ongoing training is provided
- Supporting the design and delivery of training on claims for all product types to new starters and other areas of Group Protection.
- Ensuring that claims are reviewed in line with targeted dates as specified during the assessment process.
- Providing support on the assessment of Group Protection claims, checking and approving decision making to accept/reject liability, management plans and authorising payment as per individual authority limits as agreed by the Head of Claims.
- Defining, documenting, implementing and regularly reviewing the process and training manuals for the Claims area.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of training programmes and ensuring that Career Paths are regularly reviewed and updated.
- Contributing to company and Group Protection wide projects and process reviews to deliver product & proposition development and system design & improvements.
- Adhering to processes and systems to ensure that all customer data is dealt with appropriately in accordance with legislation, in particular GDPR, the Access to Medical Reports Act (1988) and Legal & General’s Confidentiality policy.
- A good knowledge of the Group Protection product market
- Good understanding of medical conditions and the effect these can have on an individual’s ability to work
- Awareness of the investigative and rehabilitation services provided by external organisations e.g. Finance Act 2004, Equality Act, Employer Law, DWP State Claims, HMRC rules relating to Life and Pensions products, Data Protection Act, GDPR and Financial Ombudsman Service
- Medical claims assessment experience
- Proven Learning and Development experience
- Effective organisational skills
- An ability to work to deadlines and targets.
- Teamworking skills
- Presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent IT skills in Word, Excel and other Microsoft products.
- Ability to represent the department at internal/external meetings
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
- Annual performance related bonus. This can be anywhere between 5% and 30% dependent on your performance
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme; 5% company contribution, but we will match up to a further 5% of your personal contribution, dependant on what you choose to opt in for
- Life assurance x8 of your annual salary
- Free individual private medical insurance. You can also add your dependants on for a small cost
- A variety of company share schemes you can join
- Discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and on our own products
We’re a growing business that’s passionate about colleague development. This means there’s lots of opportunity to progress once you’re here!
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Life can sometimes be unpredictable, and it pays to plan ahead. Our aim at Legal & General Retail is to help our customers plan for the unexpected, achieve financial security for their tomorrow, and protect everything that’s important to them. To better understand our customers and meet their needs, we’ve brought our protection, retirement income, savings, lending and advice, fintech and mortgage businesses under one umbrella. Created at the start of 2022 through the merging of our long-standing and trusted retail retirement and insurance businesses, we’re a fast-growing division with big, customer-centered ambitions.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact David Mfon at David.Mfon@landg.com (LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/david-mfon-235936160).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.