Find your next role at Legal & General
Claims Consultant (Technical & Governance Team) Fixed Term Contract
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
17 November 2022
We have a great opportunity for a Claims Consultant to join our Technical & Governance Claims team in Hove! This will be on a 12 month fixed term/secondment basis.
As a Claims Consultant you’ll be providing pro-active and comprehensive administrative services for our Group Protection claims. You’ll be providing claims administration services across a number of account portfolios.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering customer-centred service. An individual who’ll take a proactive approach, to ensure that our customers are always engaged and experience excellent service! If this sounds like you, apply now!
- Providing Claims administration support in acknowledging appeals, complaints, and other technical tasks, and in ensuring appropriate documentation is added to file and systems.
- Helping to support and prepare large case files in response to data requests from our customers, or with our supervising authorities.
- Where appropriate requesting and obtaining medical evidence on appeals and disputes regarding Group Protection claims, from GPs, consultants and other medical specialists.
- Where appropriate, assisting in the provision of Management Information on portfolio accounts which analyses performance and identifies key trends.
- Ensuring a consistent, timely and accurate level of service is maintained at the front end in line with internal service level agreements, so as to help support the team deliver and meet our internal and external customers’ expectations.
- Adhering to processes and systems to ensure that all customer data is dealt with. appropriately in accordance with legislation, GDPR, the Access to Medical Reports Act (1988) and Legal & General’s Confidentiality policy.
- Understanding of the investigative and rehabilitation services provided by a claims area and by external organisations.
- Understanding of handling confidential data for the processing of life and health related claims
- The drive to take ownership of and resolve customer queries and complaints.
- Excellent IT skills in Word, Excel and other Microsoft products.
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets.
- The job holder may be required to represent the area at internal meetings.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), an annual supplement for private medical insurance, generous pension scheme and life assurance, We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan, and then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Life can sometimes be unpredictable, and it pays to plan ahead. Our aim at Legal & General Retail is to help our customers plan for the unexpected, achieve financial security for their tomorrow, and protect everything that’s important to them. To better understand our customers and meet their needs, we’ve brought our protection, retirement income, savings, lending and advice, fintech and mortgage businesses under one umbrella. Created at the start of 2022 through the merging of our long-standing and trusted retail retirement and insurance businesses, we’re a fast-growing division with big, customer-centered ambitions.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact Rachel Varney at Rachel.Varney@landg.com (LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachel-varney-b3894020a/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.