Find your next role at Legal & General
SEO & Content Manager
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Fixed Term Contract (inc Secondee)
Cardiff (Hybrid) or Homebased
Competitive base + bonus
7 October 2022
Would you like to take ownership of the SEO for an area of a FTSE 100 business?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a growth minded, adaptable, and driven SEO & Content Manager to join the Marketing team, in a 12 month fixed term contract.
In this exciting and varied role, you’ll develop, manage, and administer all website content, customer journeys and usability for the Direct to Customer Digital channels, to maximise the value of traffic to the site and meet the Direct Sales targets. The role is home-based with the requirement of travel to Cardiff once a month, this travel cost will be expensed.
This is a chance for you to join a high performing team and take ownership of your area, where your focus will be on driving the commercial output of your area. You'll be working in a fully integrated, cross functional team, giving you more freedom to focus on your area. You’ll be in position to make an impact across the business and will be given the support to help you progress and develop within the role.
- To manage and maintain Digital Content across the Direct to Customer Digital estates to achieve the business objectives set and drive online business sales. Content includes all CMS static and rich content web pages.
- To manage SEO performance to deliver agreed natural search position, traffic and sales.
- Work with the Marketing and Optimisation teams to deliver great website journeys, content and experiences. Including writing, producing and updating relevant digital marketing material, campaign content pages and optimising the site for SEO performance.
- Turn traditional insurance product information into engaging and digestible content that is easily understood by our target audiences. Including the development of different formats to meet their needs in the journey.
- Working with the Marketing, Optimisation and Analytics teams continuously review and manage the D2C online user experience, funnel drop out points and identify remedial action. Ensure content remains clear, appealing, up to date, clear to customers and compliant to business requirements.
- Working in collaboration with Marketing and business leads undertake Agile lead projects to improve the design, usability and functionality of.com.
- Work with direct colleagues, product teams as well as other colleagues to obtain approval and maintain web content. Carry out regular content audits.
- Manage, track and generate content to improve search engine optimisation in order to maximise the opportunities of natural search traffic to the site.
- Manage the SEO roadmap and work closely with the SEO agency to ensure the technical health of the website is maintained
- Work closely with the central web team to support the delivery of web projects
- Develop and deliver web communications and processes that are clear and fair, set reasonable expectations and are appropriate targeted so that the needs of the customers are met.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a good understanding on the below:
- Content creation, development, approval and distribution
- Content editing and use of CMS editing tools
- UX and journey optimisation knowledge and application of best practice
- Appropriate standards, legislation, web best practices usability & research techniques
- SEO management and delivery
- Digital customer analytics
- Digital creative development process
We would also love to see the following
- Previous relevant experience working in Financial Services.
- Internal & External Change initiation processes for all digital channels
- Experience working with agile processes and delivery methodology (ideal but not essential as training provided)
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Life can sometimes be unpredictable, and it pays to plan ahead. Our aim at Legal & General Retail is to help our customers plan for the unexpected, achieve financial security for their tomorrow, and protect everything that’s important to them. To better understand our customers and meet their needs, we’ve brought our protection, retirement income, savings, lending and advice, fintech and mortgage businesses under one umbrella. Created at the start of 2022 through the merging of our long-standing and trusted retail retirement and insurance businesses, we’re a fast-growing division with big, customer-centered ambitions.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact Joanne Greenep at email@example.com (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jo-greenep-03248264/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.