Find your next role at Legal & General
Alternative Debt Investment Manager
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
25 November 2022
LGIM Real Assets is one of the UK’s largest private asset managers with over £36bn AUM as at March 2021 across real estate equity and infrastructure, real estate, corporate and alternative debt. The group takes a long-term strategic view investing to bring about positive change and creating sustainable investor value.
LGIM’s Alternative Debt business has been investing in this space for 5 years focussing initially on opportunities for internal clients, subsequently diversifying geographically with investments in Europe, and North America and externalising with new funds.
LGIM Real Assets, and the wider LGIM business, has established a leading position amongst its peer group in taking a market-leading approach to ESG integration.
- Day-to-day sourcing and evaluation of new potential investments according to value and suitability for LGIM client funds based upon fundamental and detailed investment analysis and understanding the dynamics of the sector
- Preparation of investment committee papers for new opportunities
- Full transaction execution including financial modelling analysis, undertaking due diligence, negotiation of key terms and documentation
- Pro-active management of existing investments by preparing and reviewing regular reports and managing waivers and approvals according to the relevant procedures.
- Assistance with the management of key internal and external counterparty and borrower relationships
- Participation in marketing process to new investor clients where required as well as helping with the marketing of alternative investment solutions to borrowers, public sector counterparties and other market participants.
- Engagement in the formulation of new business initiatives and of the investment strategy for the sector in particular identifying transactions and sub-sectors that could be appropriate investment targets for LGIM clients
- Engagement in on-going client reporting and contribute to the periodic review of procedures
- Assistance with the ongoing development and incorporation of ESG methodologies into the investment appraisal / decision-making and ongoing management process
- The candidate is likely to have strong experience in structured finance, or ancillary areas, and able to assess a broad spectrum of credit opportunities from an investor viewpoint.
- Strong financial analysis and transaction skills – credit structuring, rating methodology and / or financial advisory experience being particularly relevant
- Flexible, responsive with a keen attention to detail. The role is a dynamic where large numbers of transactions are reviewed in order to screen out poor value or unsuitable investments and the ability to execute transactions to achieve the required credit rating level and value is critical.
- The candidate will need to be organised, focused, demonstrate independent thinking and self-motivated with strong communication and analytical skills.
- It is necessary to be able to work with a variety of investment formats and also to be able to develop a transaction entirely in house if need be.
- Strong financial modelling skills are an advantage and detailed knowledge of the different investment documentation and structures appropriate to the various sub-sectors is also important.
- Collegiate, strong team player and able to motivate and manage more junior team members
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 27 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
The world of investment is changing. Our vision at Legal & General Investment Management is to create a better, more sustainable future through responsible investing. We work in partnership with our clients around the globe to deliver positive long-term outcomes, while rising to the challenges of a rapidly changing world. Our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. To meet our clients’ complex and evolving investment needs, our investment strategies cover a broad array of asset classes and styles, including equities, bonds, property and alternatives, as well as multi-asset funds. We’re focused on continuously innovating our investment products, maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes, and striving to build a more responsible and sustainable future.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact Lauren Ashworth at firstname.lastname@example.org (LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/lauren-a-534a8538/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.