Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Risk Pricing and Research Actuary
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
Hove or London
11 July 2022
Responsible for developing and delivering the future strategy of basis development within L&G Retail – primarily to lead, develop and deliver the Critical Illness (CIC) basis capability for L&G Retail.
Contribute to the ambitious growth strategy for L&G Retail through reviewing and implementing CIC basis updates that will improve business understanding in order to achieve divisional objectives.
Act as an influencer with the senior leadership team – collaborating with senior stakeholders in other parts of the Retail Division to deliver strong business performance.
- Leading the creation and development of Critical Illness (CIC) and other bases within Retail Protection, that enhance and inform business understanding and risk in order to inform better business outcomes.
- Identifying areas of experience analysis that can be further developed to ensure that Retail Protection’s view of current and future experience is appropriate. Working closely with other areas of the business e.g. Underwriting, Reinsurance and Medical experts to further inform basis updates and business processes
- Acting as a key stakeholder shaping our future strategy for experience data integrity. Covering areas such as , implementing, monitoring and controlling the appropriate levels of data integrity for the purpose of analysis.
- Leading on the development of improvements to data quality and additional data sources, and collaborating on identifying future system requirements and developments.
- Responsible for the provision of final papers and reports and presenting these findings to key stakeholders and at committees to achieve sign-off for proposals. Providing ongoing education to stakeholders to ensure quality decisions are made.
- Providing advice and guidance to the business where required including coaching and development of others such that specialist skills are developed and deployed throughout the organisation.
- Treating Customers Fairly: Analysing feedback from all sources ensuring that customers’ reasonable expectations of performance and service are met and where failings are identified, providing information to relevant areas to enable changes to be made.
- A qualified Actuary with relevant experience in this field
- Significant knowledge and experience of experience analysis and claims trend work.
- Ability to build bases from first principles
- Working knowledge of UK Life Insurance products and reinsurance market
- Skilled in statistical and modelling programmes such as ‘R’ and Emblem as well as Data visualisation software such as Tableau / PowerBI
- Commercial acumen with an ability to spot opportunities to improve business processes and deliver increased net business value add
- Practical experience conducting experience analyses and building bases
- Excellent report writing ability
- Project management – leading initiatives from initial analysis through to final implementation.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with senior stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 30 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Life can sometimes be unpredictable, and it pays to plan ahead. Our aim at Legal & General Retail is to help our customers plan for the unexpected, achieve financial security for their tomorrow, and protect everything that’s important to them. To better understand our customers and meet their needs, we’ve brought our protection, retirement income, savings, lending and advice, fintech and mortgage businesses under one umbrella. Created at the start of 2022 through the merging of our long-standing and trusted retail retirement and insurance businesses, we’re a fast-growing division with big, customer-centered ambitions.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact Jordan Russell at email@example.com (LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jordan-russell-70ab89169/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.