Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Actuarial Analyst
12 August 2022
Support the production of LGR’s statutory, external and internal financial results. Provide high-quality supporting analysis and commentary on a timely basis. Perform and document controls to ensure sound actuarial management and control of risks. Proactively support other members of the LGR Base Reporting team.
- Financial metrics delivery - Support the reporting actuaries in the team to deliver financial metrics in a timely and accurate manner. These financial metrics include IFRS operating profit, Solvency II operating variances, risk margin, liability sensitivities and new business reporting. Proactively support other members of the Base Reporting team to ensure we meet the needs of our customers. Operate controls in line with MFCF policy.
- Stakeholder relationship management - Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders including other teams in LGR Finance, LGR Investments, Group Finance and auditors. Ensure communication is clear, concise and tailored to the needs of stakeholders. Support the continual development & maintenance of proactive engagement with stakeholders to ensure deliveries continue to meet needs and the quality expected.
- Management and Planning - Support the effective prioritisation and scheduling of activities required for assigned work packages.
- Process management and improvement - Actively support the development, implementation and maintenance of the team’s reporting systems and processes. Ensure systems and processes are robust, with any associated risks assessed and appropriately controlled. Demonstrate an attitude of continuous improvement, taking responsibility for improving the team’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Change management - Support the implementation of system, process and methodology changes as required for the ongoing production of financial results and analysis. Provide input into the identification and prioritisation of improvements to methodology.
- Risk and control - Demonstrate a risk and control mind set through proactive identification of control weaknesses, and ensure that all such weaknesses, as well as other control observations and issues are remediated quickly, sustainably, and effectively. Work with the Financial Controls team to ensure that relevant risk and control related documentation is good quality and up to date. Demonstrate awareness, understanding, and appropriate action in relation to your personal responsibilities for information security, specifically around access management, data handling (encryption and classification), password control and building security.
- Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) - Ensure that any risks and issues relating to customers not being treated fairly in line with Legal & General’s Customer Experience and TCF policy are escalated within LGR so that customers are treated fairly in line with Legal & General’s Customer Experience and TCF policy.
- Typically the jobholder will be a nearly or newly qualified actuary.
- Typically the jobholder will have some understanding of the following: Reporting metrics: IFRS, EC and Solvency II, Bulk and individual annuity products, UK finance sector, Risk and regulatory requirements, and Insurance accounting
- Typically the jobholder will have: IFRS and Solvency II reporting experience, Analytical skills with the ability to review results for reasonableness, Good communication and interpersonal skills, and Experience in implementing improvements
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
Legal & General runs a highly regarded Actuarial Rotations Programme for students, which you will be a part of. The role you are applying to is part of our rotational program, designed to further develop and enhance your skills, and as part of this program you will be expected to rotate in both of our sites in London and Hove.
For internal candidates, please note that your application will be shared with the L&G Chief Tutor. This is your name only and for rotation purposes.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Securing pensions over the long term can be a challenge for many businesses. Our ambition at Legal & General Retirement Institutional (LGRI) is to help companies and pension scheme trustees honour their defined benefit pension promises to their employees. We’re helping companies settle their pension liabilities so they can focus on growing their businesses, as well as helping to support their members’ financial security in retirement. And we’re investing for the long term to back our pension promises. In the last 30 years we’ve written more UK business than any other insurer, and we currently look after more than half a million pension policyholders. We're the UK’s longest-serving active bulk annuity provider, and a market-leading, multi-award winning business.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact Jordan Russell at email@example.com (LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jordan-russell-70ab89169/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.