Find your next role at Legal & General
Actuarial Reporting Manager
We’re sorry. We’re no longer accepting applications for this role.
23 July 2022
We're hiring a Financial Reporting Manager to manage the delivery of an effective and efficient financial reporting service. This relates to Retail Protection, Group Protection or Workplace Savings business, providing financial results for all metrics, supporting analysis and commentary on a timely basis and to the appropriate level of quality.
- Manage the timely delivery of financial reporting results for all metrics, meeting required internal and external standards.
- Manage the delivery of timely and predictable financial results across an agreed range of financial metrics (e.g. IFRS operating profit, Net Cash, New Business margin, SII SCR). Highlight opportunities to maximise business unit performance across the agreed range of financial metrics and challenge business plans and initiatives to ensure plans deliver the anticipated business benefits. Monitor progress of the agreed plans and provide corrective measures where necessary.
- C Manage the presentation and dissemination of results to the external and internal customer, incorporating supporting analysis and commentary for all reporting metrics. Manage ongoing liaison by continually developing and maintaining proactive engagement to ensure the delivery of financial results continues to meet needs and quality expectations.
- Manage the development, support and maintenance of the team’s financial reporting systems, processes and reporting methodologies, ensuring they are robust, incorporating system and process change as required for the ongoing production of the financial results. Identify and manage implementation of continuous improvement to processes.
- Manage the relationship with the relevant Shared Services, Prudential Risk and Group Finance functions, ensuring that the reporting team acquires and maintains end-to-end knowledge and accountability for the financial results relating to that business unit. Provide expert analysis to the Group Actuarial team to enable effective and efficient consolidation of results. Manage the relationship with FRC Actuarial Operations to ensure the reporting team requirements are understood and documented in terms of timeliness and quality referencing the key dependencies on this service for the reporting cycle.
- Manage the relationship with the relevant external consultants, peer reviewers and auditors.
- Assist in the management of the reporting team through all planning phases by effectively prioritising and scheduling the team’s activities, meeting the needs of all customers. Contribute to wider FRC team planning and resource allocation.
- Manage, motivate and develop employees at all levels, in a manner that is consistent with the company’s policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement, to maximise the performance of the area.
- Nearly qualified or qualified Actuary
- Knowledge of Reporting metrics: IFRS and Solvency II
- Knowledge of Protection/ Workplace pensions products and UK Finance sector.
- UK Financial Reporting experience
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, 30 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You'll receive a car allowance of 12% of your annual salary, and you can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Helping over ten million people around the world manage their savings, retirement plans and life insurance requires a lot of people behind-the-scenes. It’s up to us in L&G Group functions – which includes our tech and digital teams, Group Finance, HR, Risk and Corporate Comms to provide the essential support services that all areas of the business need, here in the UK and overseas. Simply put, we enable everyone at Legal & General to do what they do best. That means we’re helping to improve our customers’ lives, and contributing to the success of the business every day.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact Karima Zureiqi at email@example.com (LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/karima-zureiqi/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.