Find your next role at Legal & General
Senior Actuarial Analyst
12 August 2022
A great new opportunity to join our Financial Reporting Centre as an Actuarial Student or recently qualified Actuary. You will be in a people-management role in a blended actuarial team providing financial reporting services to our Retirement division, covering both IFRS and SII metrics for our annuity products. This team is responsible for calculating financial results for the LGR business area as well as implementing the new systems being developed for IFRS17 reporting. The role is based in Hove with the option for Agile working.
You will join the actuarial student community and the role is eligible for study support and rotation scheme.
- Financial Reporting: Performing and delegating processes to enable an effective and efficient financial reporting service. Providing regular and reliable updates to management to enable the team to disseminate financial information in an effective and informative manner. Ensuring that the presentation and analysis meet the different needs of the customer base.
- Team management: Supporting the senior actuary with day-to-day people management, training, setting objectives, and being a role model for inclusion.
- Planning and Change: Contributing to planning of both BAU and Change activities. Drive the testing and implementation of new financial reporting tools and ways of working.
- Controls: Ensuring that strong audit trails, documentation, testing governance, and best practice data management techniques are implemented consistently.
- Stakeholder management: Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders. Liaising with stakeholders at various levels including qualified actuaries and IT change professionals. Ensuring that ad-hoc requests from customers are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Associate Actuary or Nearly/Newly qualified Fellow of the IFoA
- An advanced user of Excel with an appetite to introduce new IT solutions.
- Organised, able to manage your time efficiently, and escalate issues.
- Confident to manage and coach people to perform effectively as a team.
- Working in a financial reporting environment.
- Managing multiple deadlines, stakeholders or projects.
- Familiarity with software used in an actuarial context, particularly Prophet and DCS.
- People management.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Legal & General runs a highly regarded Actuarial Rotations Programme for students, which you will be a part of. The role you are applying to is for a specific location, but to further develop and enhance your skills you may be asked to rotate in future to our other site. Our sites are London and Hove.
For internal candidates, please note that your application will be shared with the L&G Chief Tutor. This is your name only and for rotation purposes.
The brand with the brolly is choosing today to change tomorrow.
Since 1836, we’ve grown to become one of the world's largest asset managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurance brands.
We’re all here to improve the lives of our customers, build a better society for the long term, and create value for our shareholders - helping to shape a better future for society and the planet.
We need people who share our ambitions, agility and entrepreneurial spirit to help us do it.
At L&G, you’ll find a balance that helps you be your best. Empowered by hybrid working, we’re supported by technology and workplaces that enable us to work effectively wherever we are. We come together in offices to collaborate and connect, and use time at home for individual, focused activities. And, when we achieve great things, we celebrate our success and reward strong performance.
Today, there’s over 10,000 of us, working towards our mission, with plenty of opportunities to grow your career as we grow L&G. Will you join us?
About the business area
Helping over ten million people around the world manage their savings, retirement plans and life insurance requires a lot of people behind-the-scenes. It’s up to us in L&G Group functions – which includes our tech and digital teams, Group Finance, HR, Risk and Corporate Comms to provide the essential support services that all areas of the business need, here in the UK and overseas. Simply put, we enable everyone at Legal & General to do what they do best. That means we’re helping to improve our customers’ lives, and contributing to the success of the business every day.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
Great minds don’t have to think alike, so we welcome voices from all backgrounds. Bringing together people with different life experiences helps us build empathy with our customers and drive innovation.
We don’t just talk about it, we actively promote diversity and equitable opportunities for all. That means our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status. In fact, we embrace every dimension of diversity to reflect the customers and communities we serve.
We think it’s important to create an inclusive environment where we can all belong, contribute and drive progress, where you can develop and grow, and be empowered. We want you to use your voice to help us build a better tomorrow.
We all work differently, and have different needs, which is why. we’re always open to discussing flexible working arrangements. Likewise, we’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with specific needs during our recruiting process.
So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
How to find out more
If this opportunity excites you but you’re not sure you meet all the requirements, or you’d like to know a bit more, please contact Jordan Russell at email@example.com (LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jordan-russell-70ab89169/).
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please submit your application through our careers website as we’re not accepting email applications.